We stayed at Laurie's Motor inn in July 2005 we have been to the Cabot trail before and returned because of how beautiful it is. Cheticamp has more restaurants and motels than most of the towns near the Cabot Trail and the beach areas and harbor are very picturesque. Laurie's is a fairly large motel with numerous buildings we were in the building closest to the main road, I don't know how this building compared to the ones further back and up the hill a bit. our room had two double beds small table a couple chairs. Bathroom ok size, water pressure was very good and plenty of hot water. Everything older, basic and clean. I think there was a pool but not sure, we went to the beach to try the warm Atlantic water. weather was a bit cool while we were there and also some rain. We wanted to stay in the area longer so called the front desk to inquire about booking another night. I asked whether the people next door would be there first as they were an extremely noisy group of motorcyclists and we didn't want to stay if they would be partying all night. the lady at the front desk told me she would send somebody down immediately to quiet them but since it was very early (not even 7 pm) I told her that wasn't necessary but if come 10 or 11 they were still outside talking loudly I would call. Obviously something was said because at 10 pm EXACTLY there was no more noise, it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop! The motel is within walking distance of most of the restaurants in the town and right across the street from the harbor. there was a large deck area at front of building with seats which we used to watch the boat traffic and to people watch. many whale watch cruises go out of this harbor. The motel restaurant had a decent breakfast, it did serve dinner as well but we ate at Gabriel's up the street one night and another seafood place on the harbor the other (sorry don't remember the name but it was very good) This motel is basically what we found through out Cape Breton Island, basic, clean no frills.
- Also Known As:
- Laurie`s Motor Hotel Cheticamp
- Laurie`s Motor Hotel
- Lauries Hotel Cheticamp
- Lauries Motel Cheticamp
- Laurie's Motor Inn Cheticamp, Nova Scotia
Location: Canada > Nova Scotia > Cape Breton Island > Cheticamp
Bar/Lounge Free Breakfast Free High-Speed Internet Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Cheticamp
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a seasonal property located in the heart of the Acadian Village of Chéticamp, Nova Scotia, Choose between a motel unit, suites or one of our vacation homes, so that you can make Laurie's your home away from home. During our peak season, enjoy our complimentary hot/cold buffet breakfast in our Restaurant. All rooms are air-conditioned, cable TV, radio, WiFi, telephone, hair dryers and ample parking. We also have a playground, pay-phone, coin-operated laundromat, small canteen, ice and pop machines. We are centrally located and minutes away from the renown Highlands National Park and the famous Cabot Trail. Enjoy rug hooking museum, beaches, golf course, gift/craft shops, horseback riding, hiking trails and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Laurie's Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.