“Amazing find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maison Fiset House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cheticamp
Maison Fiset House
You added Maison Fiset House to your Saves list
15050 Cabot Trail, Cheticamp, Nova Scotia B0E 1H0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Cheticamp B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We arrived in Cheticamp after a wonderful drive on the Cabot Trail. We found our beautiful inn with little difficulty. The bedrooms are tastefully decorated and have modern amenities. The breakfast was excellent with a several different options to choose from. We highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on October 4th. When we checked in we wee greeted by two of the staff who were both very warm and welcoming. They showed us to our room which was full of first class amenities. The bed was exceptional and the toiletries were all first class. that evening we met the manager, Lynn, and we were able to see why the staff had been so welcoming when we registered.She is an exceptional host and it is reflected in her staff. The breakfast the next morning was also very god and set us off o the right foot for our trip around the Cabot trail. I know that Five stars is the highest rating but this B & B deserves at least six stars.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Lovely spot to stay, overlooking the water, small balcony off our room perfect for pre dinner drinks in the sun! Small but well thought out, comfortable period bedroom. Appreciated the coffee/tea maker and the fridge and bottled water. Excellent breakfast and enjoyed the cereal and fruit alternative. Pleasant and helpful staff. Only negative, have to agree with some of the other reviewers, the AC is noisy.

Room Tip: 8 has a balcony that catches the afternoon and evening sun
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Recklinghausen, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in a standard room (No 7) upstairs with a small balcony. The room was small but clean. The Aircon was exceptionally noisy to the point we had to turn it off which then proved a bit hot and different noise cames into the foreground. A humming noise bothered us the whole two nights. We complained about this but the managerin Lyne was not able to solve the problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
maisonfisethouse, Manager at Maison Fiset House, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I knew the day would finally come when we would have an unhappy customer leave our Inn. I have been thinking all afternoon as to if, what, when I should respond to this review and since I do respond to positive and I welcome suggestions/criticism/advice I decided to answer.
I will not deny or challenge that you could not sleep; YES, the aircon units are NOT silent, they do make some noise like the ones I have come across in many other hotel/motel rooms. Granted to me the noise put forth by these units is nothing to keep me awake after a day of work, a husband and three children at home, making by ability to sleep through noise a bit more adaptable than possibly you.
What disturbs or upsets me most about this review are two things;
1. Guests leaving our Inn unhappy and not well rested.
2. I was NOT able to solve the problem. This being the hardest one to accept and lose sleep over.

The humming sound or noise comes from an outside light; this outside light is located at the back side of the building and is needed to keep the back stairs (fire exit) lit, the safety of ALL our guests is priority for my staff and myself. I was asked if I could shut those lights OFF and the answer is NO, those stairs as well as the outside and inside entry and hallways need to be lit for the other guests in the Inn. Anyone who has stayed with us here at Maison Fiset knows that IF there was anything that we COULD do to make someones stay memorable we would... Somethings just cannot be done or solved. Thank you for taking the time to read my manager response and remember... IF you are a sensitive sleeper, PLEASE think of packing ear plugs for sound. Our Inn is very quiet and relaxing on most occasions but the humming of lights, or the the sound of the Aircon units are beyond my control.

Lyne Larade
Manager
Maison Fiset House
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Maison Fichet was a wonderful place to stay. The hostess was outstanding in her welcome and in handling our group. She went out of her way to help people when a local power outage caused them to miss a meal.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Meadow Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a standard room upstairs with a small balcony with a view of the ocean. The room was small but vey clean with a great bed. This small inn had a very new look and was a home remodeled into an inn in 2011. The hosts were very helpful and the breakfast hot and cooked to order. Well located near the park and overall a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a lovely facility - more like a small hotel than a B&B. The rooms are large and the bed is comfortable. We were 2 couples and they gave us connecting rooms. The rooms were on the first floor and each had a patio. When I made the reservations, I mentioned that it was my brother-in-law and his wife's 40th anniversary the night we would be there. After dinner, they found a tray on their bed with a bottle of wine, 2 wine glasses and a note wishing them a happy 40th anniversary. We were able to check what we wanted for breakfast. I had French toast that was delicious.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Maison Fiset House? Share your experiences!