“True East Coast charm, luxurious accommodations and the nicest hosts you'd ever meet.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Worn Doorstep

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baddeck
The Worn Doorstep
You added The Worn Doorstep to your Saves list
43 Old Margaree Road, Baddeck, Nova Scotia B0E 1B0, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Baddeck B&B and Inns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We booked our stay here almost by accident and wish we weren't staying just for the night. Gina and Willie have created a truly comfortable and luxurious stay for all travelers. Multi-level deck overlooking the Bras D'Or Lake is breathtaking and you'll fall soundly asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow in the lovely suite. Thank you so much, guys!! Hope to be back again soon!!

• Stayed May 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne Aust
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at The Worn Doorstep for 3 nights. Rooms are well-furnished, comfortable and airy, spacious and fully equipped for self-catering - nothing is missing. We had two rooms opening onto a verandah with tables and chairs and the sunset was thrown in for free.

Baddeck is small and you can walk everywhere from the Worn Doorstep. Willi and Gina are long-term residents and are expert on Cape Breton Island. They helped us considerably with our itineraries. Be prepared for lots of local anecdotes.

We note that the plumbing is audible from one room to another - but this is a triviality when everything else is so delightful. There may be better guest houses in Baddeck but the WD exceeds all requirements and is outstanding value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
sacramento, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

What can I say that hasn't already been said? My 84 yr old mother, my sister and I visited the Worn Doorstep for 5 nights last week. Willie and Gina were the most helpful, gracious hosts and we enjoyed a suite with 2 beds, a living room and small kitchen. It was perfect for us as a base for exploring Cape Breton. Willie has lots of suggestions for sights along the Cabot Trail, for restaurants and activities. We enjoyed attending several ceilidhs that were at the St. Michael's Parish Hall across from the B&B. They are held at 7:30pm every night in July & August and cost $10. It was suggested to go about 6pm to get seats reserved and we enjoyed front row entertainment Cape Breton style which kept our toes tapping for hours! We would not suggest taking the shortcut from Baddeck to Judique as directed by our GPS. It takes you on a scenic but dangerous unpaved road. At all costs, avoid River Deny Mountain road! The people of Nova Scotia are extremely friendly and helpful. The weather was perfect for a 2 hour sailing excursion on the Amoeba sailboat. Baddeck is a charming village and everything is an easy walk from the Worn Doorstep. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Droitwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

This a a super place to stay, I cant recommend it highly enough. Willie and Gina are welcoming, friendly and helpful hosts. Lovely people. The accommodation is spacious, well appointed and within easy walking distance of all the things you may need in Baddeck. We enjoyed our time here very much and were sorry to leave.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Staffs, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stayed in unit 4 at the Worn Doorstep for 3 nights whilst touring Nova Scotia. Really enjoyed our stay. Willie and Gina are great hosts and the room was spacious, well furnished and contained everything we needed. Baddeck is a lovely little town with a handful of good restuarants only about 5 to 10 minutes walk away, we found the seafood at the Bell Boy especially to our liking. An ideal base for the Cabot Trail. We would definately recommend you stay here, its comfortable, well located and excellent value.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I booked the Worn Doorstep based on previous TripAdvisor reviews. Am I ever thankful I did! Thank you to all previous reviewers.

Willi & Gina are the consummate hosts. Helpful in every way, without being intrusive or bothersome.

The rooms are large and beautiful, with both a sleeping area (very comfortable bed), and full living area with kitchenette. Everything you need to make your own simple meals. Or, just make the short walk to downtown Baddeck's good selection of restaurants.

Incredibly peaceful - in a word ... perfection.

If you're travelling to Baddeck, either for fun or business, The Worn Doorstop is THE place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

I cannot praise Gina, the owner of this property enough. I emailed to tell her I was arriving late (8pm) and asked where the bus stop was located. She replied that it was on the highway out of town and there is no taxi service. However she then rearranged her day's program so as to be there for me when I arrived (half an hour late). As it I was raining, I was doubly grateful. Gina drove me back to the bus stop when I departed at 9am 3 days later and also rang around to arrange a tour of the Cabot trail for me. The accommodation is excellent. No breakfast (as preadvised) but there was a jug, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and utensils. I would have liked some coffee and sugar, as I was travelling by public transport. The town is only a short walk away. Probably better for those with a car. The room was spacious with everything you could need.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to The Worn Doorstep? Share your experiences!