Upon Checkin - there was no sense of hospitality as I asked for some pointers on driving the Cabot Trail the next day. They provided us a map and sent us to our room.
The room was dated, but expected. Quite large, which was nice. Overall comfortable.
We ate at the restaurant for breakfast and it was average once again. Buffet style. The service at the restaurant was ok. Considering it was not busy for breakfast, I felt that they could have come by a few more times just to check on us. I had to wave them down a few times for certain items. Especially with having a 6 month old baby with us... we needed boiling water for the baby formula etc.
The location is in a nice place. The scenery in that area was great and other nearby restaurants within a minute of driving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Silver Dart Lodge has Baddeck's best panoramic view of the Bras d’Or Lakes! Relax, unwind and let our knowledgeable staff guide your Cape Breton adventure. The perfect starting point for your Cabot Trail experience.Featuring Baddeck's finest panoramic view of the Bras d'Or Lakes from McCurdy’s,our Taste of Nova Scotia approved restaurant with lounge and patio. Enjoy your afternoons and evenings with our heated swimming pool, private beach, and forested nature trails. Variety of hotel rooms and chalets, open mid-May to mid-October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Silver Dart Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Dart Hotel Baddeck
- Silver Dart Baddeck
- Silver Dart Lodge Baddeck, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island