Initially disappointed as I thought the chalets were detached but we were lucky to have quiet neighbours, and apart from a little snoring in the early hours, and a smoke alarm going off in the morning, they didn’t really bother us at all. We made our own breakfast in the chalet’s tiny kitchenette, coffee maker/fridge/toaster/knives and forks, plates, glasses/washing up stuff and drying cloth were all supplied. The grounds were beautiful, and the trail down to the beach very pretty. Service was excellent, from arrival to departure, and the evening meal lovely. We did have to eat late to work around the visiting coach trip, so might be worth reserving ahead if you intend eating at the hotel, or checking out other options nearby just in case. The pool was so warm and inviting; it was like swimming in a big bath! Yes the hotel was a little rustic, but this is Cape Breton and we have stayed in far more basic accommodation in the past. It’s part of the experience and this hotel had a certain charm which we enjoyed. Thanks for a lovely visit. We’d love to return, and perhaps try breakfast and a lodge room next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Silver Dart Lodge has Baddeck's best panoramic view of the Bras d’Or Lakes! Relax, unwind and let our knowledgeable staff guide your Cape Breton adventure. The perfect starting point for your Cabot Trail experience.Featuring Baddeck's finest panoramic view of the Bras d'Or Lakes from McCurdy’s,our Taste of Nova Scotia approved restaurant with lounge and patio. Enjoy your afternoons and evenings with our heated swimming pool, private beach, and forested nature trails. Variety of hotel rooms and chalets, open mid-May to mid-October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Silver Dart Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Dart Hotel Baddeck
- Silver Dart Baddeck
- Silver Dart Lodge Baddeck, Nova Scotia - Cape Breton Island