“A great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baddeck Riverside Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baddeck
Baddeck Riverside Bed & Breakfast
You added Baddeck Riverside Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Big Farm Road, Baddeck, Nova Scotia, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 21 Baddeck B&B and Inns
Alberta
“A great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Laverne and Gordon are people that I won't forget. This is a warm, welcoming and comfortable place to stay. The rooms are intentionally appointed in a Victorian feel, the bed was comfortable and the jet tub was a bonus. Gordon knows the history of the area, and of the construction of the house itself, with notebooks from the 1880's and other awesome local treasures.
I went for a walk with Jessie (the sweetest dog in Nova Scotia) and would have liked to stay another day. I will return for some canoeing on that river!
Breakfast by Laverne was fresh and healthy and I left with apples from their tree (thanks again you two).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had the most lovely stay with Laverne and Gordon. This was a last minute stop for us and we could not be more pleased that we found this lovely place to stay. The hosts were extremely warm and friendly; fresh blueberry pancakes made from scratch and wonderful conversation and a tour of the garden were the best parts of the stay. This truly was like staying with family and we would have loved to have spent more time if our trip would have allowed for it. The rooms were cozy, the views absolutely breathtaking, but most of all the feeling of home was what we loved. We hope to return in the future so that we may more fully enjoy the beautiful countryside and hear more of Gordon and Laverne's stories :) Don't miss it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Springhill, NS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here with my two boys for 2 nights. We enjoyed it very much. Laverne is so sweet and thoughtful. She went out of her way to cook choc chip pancakes for the boys and gladly filled up our water bottles with ice and water several times. Gordon told us how to find the canoes and we went out for a nice paddle the first evening. The room decor is certainly dated and the shower head would be too low for a tall person, but like staying with your favourite aunt, these things didn't matter because we were treated so kindly and thoughtfully.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

So, what else ?
Definitively to be added in your plans if you are visiting Baddeck and Cabot Trail area. Speaking to Laverne and Gordon and get to know a bit better how the people living in the area are and how they spend their time was a great conversation.
Think spending two days at least to explore the area correctly and of course enjoying of their company a bit longer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Very nice couple host. We went there in the beginning of May. Most of the places were closed. They were not open yet, but let us stay for a night. The room has a good view. The breakfast is so delicious, home made jam made by wild berries, fruit salad, coffee, juice, PLUS some other typical breakfast options like bacon and egg. And the house has an interesting history. I found a lot of antique things. There is a very old 3D glasses impressed me a lot. Had a really nice talk with the hostess, showed me a lot of interesting staff I might not be able to see anywhere. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Awesome B&B. I was calling them at 8 pm if they have a bed available, and they did, best what could have happened to me. I've arriving around 10 pm and did not eat dinner. Laverne did offer me to make a delicious sandwich. In the morning Laverne and Gordon did eat breakfast with me and we had a nice chat, they showed me their garden where they did pick these tasty raspberries I had for breakfast too, and their hens from which my sunny side up egg came from.

The room and bathroom was very clean, the view on the next morning was breathtaking and the price was more than fair. Laverne and Gordon do a great job! If I'm going back to Cape Breton and I will, I wanna stay at this place again! :-)

Only one (in my opinion not negative, but for some traveller it might be) thing, the B&B is in the countryside and not in Baddeck itself!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Wickenburg, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Gordon and Laverne are the nicest innkeepers you'd ever want to meet! We felt like friends of the family the moment we walked in. Even got to see activities of their working farm, including digging potatoes, eating home-made jams. The creek at one end of their hundreds of acres (also their rental cottage location) is a fine place to fish, and of course we could have cooked the fish we caught in Laverne's kitchen (if we had promised to share).
One word of caution; don't trust your GPS -- our Tom-Tom suggested a rocky, muddy farm road which we opted to avoid. Call first and get specific directions as to where to exit the main highway.

Room Tip: All equally good. Gordon hand-crafted most of the very nice furniture.