“Nice, nicer, High Street Inn!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of High Street Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baddeck
High Street Inn
You added High Street Inn to your Saves list
18 High Street, Baddeck, Nova Scotia B0E 1B0, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 21 Baddeck B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Nice, nicer, High Street Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the High Street Inn as a family in summer 2012 and we were very happy there.
The people are all nice helpful. Also my kids loved it there.
After a long drive in car, they could play in the yard and have fun!
In the evening they went to bed very tired! The room was very spacious and super clean.
Breakfast was plenty. ( Cereals hot and cold, Yogurt, bread, bagels, cheese, cream-cheese, fresh fruit, jam, honey, something fresh baked,......all you need :) )
We would definitely go back there! Next time we have to stay longer! Thank you High Street Inn and its team!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Richmond Hill, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was okay, fairly clean, but feels more like a motel than a B&B or an Inn. While the photos look nice, it is actually quite 'cheap' looking rather than charming. The breakfast was like the type of breakfast one gets at a motel that offers serve-yourself breakfast. There were plastic toys spread about outside contributing to a less-than-charming appearance.

All in all we were disappointed and would look for another place next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paulahighst, Owner at High Street Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
First of all I wanna thank all the people for the good or exellent reviews. That shows me and others that my place is not so bad as some people make it!
My biggest concern in a few reviews is the fact that some people feel disturbed by my little boys toys in the yard. And this is very, very sad.
That means I`m not allowed to have a private life, a child, with toys in the yard, which make familys very happy!?
I have also a tenant with teenagers - yes I do. If somebody doesn`t like kids or teenagers he is wrong at my place.
But those people and also me and my family have a right to life and a right of privacy! Don`t we?

The next thing: it is not a motel at all!! In europe we would sue someone who is telling lies. It is maybe your truth, but it does not match the reality.
I ask you officially to delete or edit your review. That‘s doing harm to my business.
It steps over the private line.
Some things are just not right. I think Trip advisor is a good tool but they should proof better what people write in there.
Not evereybody should be allowed to write everything in there, even lies.
I know, as everybody can read from the most other reviews, that I have a very nice, clean place, nicely decorated rooms with a lot of space! Most people like my place.
Not without a reason i got the certificate of exellence for 2012 from Tripadvisor
I had to leave the country because of the health of my mother and hire two students for a while.
And one other lady was writing the bad thing, that one of them did not know the street name. - Has this something to do with the business?
Is it so bad to not know everything after being three days in Canada?
After asking me, he told her the street name!
Everybody is welcome in my place who likes kids and teenagers and their toys. Seniors, young people, families, everybody who is tolerant and human.
If you do not want a business owner to have a private life and a child we are perhaps not the perfect fit .
Thank you!
alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Great one night stay at the high street inn! We were a group of nine that cycled the Cabot trail. Stephan let us leave a vehicle in the driveway for our three day trip, and offered us showers and a room to change on our return before heading back to the Halifax. Breakfast was simple and delicious, plenty of food for everyone, and excellent dinner recommendations for local seafood the evening of our arrival. Rooms were large with all the necessary amenities, and accommodated all our needs. Great start to the trail!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the High Street Inn. Our room was clean and beautiful, the bed was more comfortable than my own:) Stephan was incredibley friendly and helpful. He and Noah made us feel right at home. Based on our experience, I would reccomend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room three, it was perfect.
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This Inn is way over rated. We arrived and found riding toys in the parking area, 2 teens ran up to say hello, a young man meeting us a reception. We climbed up 2 flights of rickety steps with barely a handrail to hold on to, walked into the room, almost tripping on the platform inside the room. The decor is very plain and cheap. The young man did not even ask if we needed help with our bags.
We then approached him about an address for a restaurant and he did not know where the street was. Turns out it was the main street in town and 3 streets down from the Inn. He then told us that he is here from Europe and this is his 3rd day at the Inn.
We never met a hostess. The next morning, self serve breakfast, and a man in his thirties walks in to replenish the empty plates and he is barefoot!
I guess this Inn is fine if you are a young couple but we are a mature couple and expect more service at an Inn.
The location and towels were good and so were the windows. The room was clean but did have a musty odor upon arrival. I would suggest another choice in the area

ALLENWOOD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is really a small inn that serves breakfast. The beds were comfortable but the room was dark and did not have a comfortable chair. We never saw the owner, but the students that were running the place were very kind and helpful. There is a small area to eat breakfast but no common area such as a living room for guests to congregate. There was a " for sale" sign in front of the place. Good place to catch a good nights sleep before starting the trail, just don't expect anything more then that. Certainly not a luxury stay, but the rooms were clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed in the room that is pictured in the list of photos, and it was fantastic. I wasn't expecting much because I saw the less than appealing picture of the pavement out front, but I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are brilliant, chic, and comfortable. The breakfast is delicious, and the lady who runs the place is incredibly nice. Baddeck is really - really small, everything is a couple minutes away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to High Street Inn? Share your experiences!