“A Perfect Outing in Nova Scotia” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Kayak the highest tides on earth paddling the Bay of Fundy while exploring Cape Chignecto Park in Nova Scotia, Canada. Experience the towering cliffs, sea stacks, caves and arches. It's a kayaking wonderland! We offer day tours, 2- and 3-day tours and cater to beginners as well as experienced kayakers, to ages 12 to 85, to families, groups of friends and individuals.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hamilton, Canada
“A Perfect Outing in Nova Scotia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

After having an okay first time experience with another kayaking company based in Nova Scotia, I decided to give it another shot and booked a 4 hour excursion at the Dover location. What a day it turned out to be. Sure, the calm waters and blue skies helped but what really made it enjoyable was Glenn and the route he decided to take us on to get to an island next to Peggy's Cove. He was clearly experienced, made us feel safe the entire time, and just seemed like a great guy to talk to. Once we arrived at the island, he encouraged my Dad, brother, and I to roam around as he prepared a light homemade lunch which turned out to be absolutely delicious.

Since the trip I took out to Dover nearly 4 years ago, I've been back every summer since. Sometimes with family, sometimes with friends and every time I go I leave with a smile on my face. Well worth the money and a must for anyone interested in experiencing the outdoors of Nova Scotia! I can't wait to go back again!

Visited July 2013

Halifax, Canada
“A Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Worth every penny and a great way to spend a day exploring this part of Nova Scotia. Glenn is a fantasitc guide! I've been several times and it's been an awesome day on the water every time.

Visited October 2013
Dogtown
“Beautiful and fun sea kayaking in Dover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Three of us went along on the guided sea kayaking tour with 5 others and 1 guide. What a fantastic day! Excellent, knowledgeable guide who knows the area well. Stopped on an island and light snacks were provided. Can see Peggy's Cove lighthouse from here. We all had a fantastic time and will return.

St. C
“Can hardly wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I did a full day trip out of the Dover location in August of 2013. It was an amazing day. Because the day was so calm, we paddled all the way to the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove. We also stopped twice to get out of the kayaks and explore small islands. The first stop included a delicious homemade lunch and the second included yummy home baked cookies. Glenn was a great guide - interesting, informative about what we were seeing, but also just easy to chat with in general. His final personal touch...e-mailing us some photos of the day. If you are even thinking about a trip, you could not go wrong with NovaShores Adventures.

Baltimore, Maryland
33 attraction reviews
“Outstanding kayak trip and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This kayak experience was one of the highlights of a recent trip to Nova Scotia. When my husband decided he couldn't participate due to a persistent shoulder injury and anticipated rougher-than-usual conditions on the day we were booked to go, the guide (with the owner's okay) graciously allowed me to join her in her double kayak so I wouldn't miss out. The route was consistently gorgeous, and we had several opportunities to beach our kayaks and explore caves and rock formations. The half-day trip included a delicious lunch during one of our stops. Those concerned about sea kayaks should know that others who set out with me had only flatwater experience, and everyone found the paddling quite manageable. The trip is suitable for a wide range of ages and ability.

Visited August 2013
kayakdover, Owner at NovaShores Adventures, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thanks for your review of our Fundy Explorer tour. We hope you do come back and that both of you get to join us to paddle the big tides of the Fundy.