“Fiendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Earl's

Earl's
Main Street, Rocky Harbour, Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland and Labrador A0K4N0, Canada
(709) 458-3100
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Toronto, Canada
“Fiendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Very good food. Family friendly. we ate couple of times there. had a take out for lunch. Also the bakery next door had good pies.

Visited July 2014

“Good food but extremely slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Earl’s. Good food but slow service
We decided to try this place on our first day after hiking on Spring Garden Trail. It is a nice place and the food is good. Practically every restaurant in the area had some moose items on the menu, but the Eearl’s has biggest choice and we wanted to try it so we went there. My only complaint is the extremely slow service. If you are not hungry – then it is OK. We came at 7-30 p.m., ordered our drinks, they arrived within 10 minutes but the appetizer came only around 8-30. We ordered the second round of drinks at this time and will have to remind the waitress, so it at last arrived around 9 p.m. after we already finished the appetizers without the drinks. The main course started to arrive only at 9-30 after several requests from our table and it took 15 minutes to bring all 7 dishes. Besides the moose dishes we ordered 2 lobster dinners and the second came with an empty butter cup. When we pointed this out they brought the butter but when they tried to put it on the table they manage to splash it on two people without even noticing this. If you can ignore this and ready to enjoy your food, everything is OK, the place looks nice, there is a bakery there where we bought a pie for the next morning while waiting for the food to come (May be this is the reason for slow service – to make people walk around and buy some stuff?). We had a moose pie, a moose burger and a moose stew. We liked everything we ordered. So I would recommend this place, only do not come where when you are very hungry or in a hurry.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clermont, Florida
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Felt like a local place to eat, friendly service. You can eat outside on the patio which is wonderful if the weather allows

Visited July 2014
“Good toutons and awesome moose burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I've been looking for a good moose burger during my time in Newfoundland, and I think I just found the spot when a fellow traveller in the hostel recommended Earle's. I got the chance to visit the place right after the Western Brook Pond Tour and ordered some toutons, and Moose burger. Result? Well, I loved the totuons as much as I love their Moose Burger. The taste was smoky, and didn't feel like I was eating some boxed beef pattie from the grocery. My tummy was satisifed.

Visited June 2014
Pierrefonds, Quebec
“Great home cooked food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stopped at Earl's as soon as we arrived in Rocky Harbour. It had been recommended by one of the girls at the Visitors Centre. It's not a fancy place, but the 2 ladies working there are lovely and the food is great. I had a great mooseburger, my husband had a hot moose sandwich which he really enjoyed. the food is great, it is also licensed for drinks and has a little terrace.

Visited June 2014