“Cosy nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 12 restaurants in Bonavista
Cuisines: Dessert, Seafood, Healthy, Chowder
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ideally located on the main street of Bonavista across from the Post Office and a 30 second walk to MIFFLIN'S HERITAGE INN & the Garrick Theatre. This tastefully decorated,handicap accessable tea room is part of a 1906 historic home featuring breakfast,light lunches, NEW Dinner Menu,some traditional Nfld. food,lots of homemade desserts,an outdoor patio and fully licenced. Come join us in a true family setting with a relaxed atmosphere and great home cooking.
Mainz, Germany
“Cosy nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very cosy, nice place with very friendly and flexible service.
We war for a light dinner, but the cakes looked also marvelous!

Liz M, Owner at MIFFLIN'S Tea Room, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thanks for the "very Cosy" review. Glad your stay in Bonavista was an enjoyable one. Liz.

94% Recommend
Kingston, Canada
“So quaint!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed in Newfoundland for a week, and wildlife aside, this restaurant was the high point!
I went with my family, and got a small table for four. It was all decked out adorable, with an eyelet tablecloth and a pretty centre piece. The walls were covered with old-time wallpaper and the cabinets and shelves were all overflowing with teapots of every sort that can be imagined!

It was so hard to pick only one tea to try, and I eventually settled on Bakeapple, which tasted pleasant, and somehow a little burnt. Almost a smoky flavour (strange, huh?) with a little fruitiness. I also had the screech tea, which was very tasty.

I had the chicken croissant and ceasar salad and the latter was absolutely fabulous, while the former was something of a bust, though very pretty. I did steal a bite off my father's plate (he had the roast beef) and it was incredible! It came with yorkshire pudding and potatoes...had we gone back I wouldn't even have consulted the menu again!

You can also buy ADORABLE handmade (knitted) tea cozies. There was one the turned a tea kettle into a pineapple that I was sorely tempted by.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Liz M, Owner at MIFFLIN'S Tea Room, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Robin: Thanks for the descriptive review. Your recollection of the quaint setting is remarkable. So happy to hear your visit to the Tea Room was the "high point" of your travels to Nfld. All proceeds from the hand knit (by my sister-in-law) tea cozy's are donated to local charity. Thanks Liz
London, Canada
“best food in Bonavista”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Mifflin's served the best food we had during our two weeks in Newfoundland. Try the fish cakes, fisherman's brewis, or the sampler platter. Desserts were made from scratch and excellent (try the coconut cream pie). Service was friendly. The four of us ate there twice; thumbs up all around.

Liz M, Owner at MIFFLIN'S Tea Room, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thanks so very much for the "thumbs up all around". I'm humbled we made it to the top of your foodie list. Thanks for visiting and telling others. Cheers Liz.
Kingston, Canada
“Try the roast beef!!! And a specialty tea!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our family of four dined here Aug. 19. Food was plentiful, and the service was lovely. My daughter and I tried bakeapple tea and screech tea, both fun and novel.

But, if you are a fan of home cooking, try the roast beef dinner, the yummiest I've had in years!

Prices were good, and the collection of teapots, cups, and cosies, kept us entertained in the short time it took our dinners to arrive.

Lots of desserts available as well, though we were so stuffed from our dinner, we didn't get a chance to try them.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liz M, Owner at MIFFLIN'S Tea Room, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Your review is appreciated . Good service of all our home cooking and baking is what makes our customers happy. Thanks Liz
Elko, B.C.
“Beautiful Little Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very warm and cosy place for breakfast. The food was delicious and well presented. Great value with a charming setting. The baked beans were the best I have ever tasted!

Liz M, Owner at MIFFLIN'S Tea Room, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thanks for enjoying breakfast with us. I'm happy you tasted good food at a "great value"
Thanks for sharing your visit with others. Liz