“Very Nice Place To Stay And Convenient to Downtown.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Miramichi

You added Econo Lodge Miramichi to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Miramichi
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   365 Pleasant Street, Miramichi, New Brunswick E1V 1X4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Miramichi
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Very Nice Place To Stay And Convenient to Downtown.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and was impressed by the reviews, so I booked a three night stay. Well I was not disappointed. First the location is perfect, just a 1/2 block off downtown and right next to the water front area. Lots of interesting things to do and see. There are also several nice restaurants and a city park, but not too many choices for shopping. As for the hotel it is an older property, and the new owners have done a lot of work bringing the rooms up to standard. Everything was clean and working, including the nice new flat screen cable TV. The staff was excellent, front desk, housekeeping and met the manager several times and he was very engaged with the property and how I was doing. Just could not ask for better service. Last the price was very reasonable for the area. In all, this Econo Lodge is the best value and location in Miramichi.

Room Tip: If you have them, be sure to ask for AAA or Senior Discount
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Hi, sir.
How are you doing?
I remember that you were really nice and gentle to me and my staff.
Whenever I read nice reviews from our guests, I feel very happy.
And your nice review also gives me real happiness and feeling of satisfaction to my job.
All of my staff also read your review and they felt real happiness.
I heartily appreciate your kindness you showed us and your nice review.
Have a nice holidays.

Jae, your friend in Miramichi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed four nights and was completely satisfied. Although the building is older, the bathroom in my room had been completely updated and the room was tidy. The owners and staff were very friendly and accommodating. The adjoining restaurant impressed me--it has been recently renovated, is licensed, and offers many food choices...I chose two Asian dishes on two different occasions and they were both great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello my dear friend.
How nice review this is!
Your nice review is the very best gift to me and all of my staff.
We were also very happy when you were staying with us.
We really appreciate your staying with us and your nice review.
Have a nice summer season.

Jae, your friend in Miramichi
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

It was my family's second visit to this hotel when we were on a vacation. Just like the last time i visited this place, the service they provided was excellent. What I liked about their service was that they were kindful and helped us out very quickly when we first arrived to the place. While staying in the place, our family found that overall, the room was very clean and there was no unpleasant smell coming out from any place unlike other hotels. Although It was not on our plan to visit this place, we were very satisfied about this place and we could've regretted if we didnt drop by. We were very appreciated and we would love to visit this hotel in the future when we get a chance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello my friend.
This is a really happy news for me and my staff.
It is natural for us to do our best to make our guests satisfied;
however, we are really happy whenever we read this kind of nice review.
I heartily appreciate your kind and nice review.
In addition, it was also our honour and happiness to have been with the guests like you.
I hope to see you again soon.
Thank you, again.

Your friend in Miramichi
Gatineau, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We travelled to Miramichi to visit my father-in-law in the seniors' residence. We chose the Econo Lodge mainly because of price and were not expecting luxury. The room itself was small, but clean. However, it was the service that was second to none. While there we received a snow storm. We decided that we would not go out for dinner but instead headed to the motel's restaurant. Everything was dark, but as soon as we went in, the lights came on, the stove fired up and we were treated like royalty. To add to the incredible hospitality, the food was absolutely delicious. The following morning we went out to our car and were shocked (and delighted) to see that it had been swept clean!

The night prior to our leaving, people had checked in above us. They were fairly loud, with lots of stomping around. We called to see if we could move to another room due to the overhead noise, and were advised that the motel was full. Not a minute later, the overhead ruckus stopped and it was once again peaceful.

The motel only provides each room with one envelope of coffee, and we found that the coffee whitener was not replaced. We left a note asking if we could have two packages of coffee and additional whitener, and this was provided without question.

Certainly the motel is a tad tired in terms of decor, but the owners and staff go to great lengths to make the stay enjoyable. I would definitely stay there again, and I would frequent the restaurant more regularly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello my dear
It is a really happy thing to meet this nice review in this cold season.
I really appreciate your review and promise I will try my best to make
my guests satisfied. I hope you have a nice winter season.
Happy New Year.

From Jae
Weymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

On a recent tour of Eastern Canada we had the good fortune to stay here. What a find! The staff were great and very welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a fantastic meal in their restaurant. We wish them continued success!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Hi my dear friend.
We are really happy today because we came to know that you were very happy with us when you were staying at our place. As hoteliers, we always want to make our place the real home away home for our guests. How happy we are whenever we come to know that we can give some happy memory to our guests! As the owner and general manager of our hotel and restaurant, I heartily appreciate your kind and nice review and I wish you happy days forever.
From your friend in Miramichi
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed just overnight in this hotel, arriving late at night. The man at the reception was fast and nice. Got a non smoking room at the first floor. The room was nice with 2 queen beds, fridge and flat TV. The only minus was a bit of strange smell and lack of fresh air in it. The bathroom was very nice and clean.
In the morning I discovered a nice view from the 2nd floor balcony.

The breakfast consisted from boiled eggs, 3 types of cereals, toasts with butter and jams, tea or coffee.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Hello Dianna
I really appreciate your review about your stay in our hotel.
From now on, I will let our housekeeping staffs circulate fresh air more often for the rooms.
I am really happy because I think you enjoyed your stay with us comfortably.
In fact, we changed almost all the TVs in the rooms only two month ago.
In addition, we will change comforters, shams and sheets of all the beds in early September.
This change will give you much more comfortableness.
I hope see you again soon.
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

At check-in the staff were very friendly and courteous.
However, when we arrived in the room, there was urine still left in the toilet from the previous tenant. Was a non-smoking room but smelled of old cigarette smoke. Air conditioner/climate control was non functional and windows do not open making the air in the room very stale and stagnant. When the sun rose the following morning the room became a stagnant sweatbox and when I tried to open the door to get fresh air, crowds of people were gathered , in conversation with each other, in the parking lot and walk just 2 or 3 feet from our door so for privacy's sake, we had to keep the door shut and sweat it out.
Upon check-out, I informed the lady at the desk that the climate control is not working and it was a sweatbox. She apologized, but the sincerity of the apology is questionable since a partial refund of the ridiculously high price of $99/night (for this "quality" of accomodation) was never offered. Will not be returning. Would rate this hotel zero stars, half an asteroid.

Room Tip: Try booking elsewhere where you will get better value for your money.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
friendinmiramichi, Owner at Econo Lodge Miramichi, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Hello Sir
I am really sorry and appologize about your inconvenience. And I am really appreciating your review becuse I can improve our hotel rooms thanks to your advice. In fact, I asked a technician to check all the airconditioners of our hotel rooms before summer started. Because you felt huge inconvenience, however, after your departure I asked him to check the airconditioner again. However, he found no problem about it. And he asked me if there was another guset who had problem with the brand-new airconditioner. Actually nobody has complained about the airconditioner till now only except you. However, I apologize again about your inconvenience. About the smell of smoking, I think that kind of problem can happen once in a while when some guests smoke outside of the room right beside the airconditioner and the aircon is working. The problem about the smell was the first time to the room 107 you used. After then, I have sometimes asked the other customers not to smoke beside the airconditioners. Concerning the noise from outside of the room in the morning, I am really sorry to you but still there's no way I can cure it. Our hotel's first floor rooms, as you know, are all walk-in style. All of our first floor room guests are parking their cars in front of their rooms (maybe you also parked your car in front of the room because the room you used was on the first floor) and they really love it owing to the convenience. However, some guests are talking each other when they are checking out. There's no way I can stop them from talking each other. Only if you had noticed us about the smell and airconditioner problems as soon as you found them, then we could have helped you by letting you to move to the other room. As the owner of this hotel, I apologize you again in my heart. We will try our best continuously not to make this kind of inconvenience happen again. Have a nice holiday season. Bye.

Been to Econo Lodge Miramichi? Share your experiences!