“Lovely location/good food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
stewiacke
“Lovely location/good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and i and our daughter and her husband had the lovely experience of having dinner at this fine restaurant while visiting NB recently.........I would recommend this restaurant.....The food was very good and the service was good......I met the owner and he was a very friendly chap. Would definitely eat there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint John, Canada
“If you are going to the Hopewell Rocks, you need to stop here to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I were visiting the Hopewell Rocks during a beautiful July weekend to obtain some photos of the Rocks. After travelling the two hours it takes to get there, I discovered I had forgotten the memory card. I was extremely disappointed and quite angry with myself! Being of fowl mood and disappointed with how the day was going, we decided to get something to eat.

Just a hundred meters from the turn off into the Park we came across the Log Cabin Restaurant. I was immediately impressed by its rustic, neat appearance and that it seemed to have a gift shop attached (sparked my wife's interest right away). We were greeted by our waitress who was very pleasant and suffered from the same affliction that all MacDonalds' commercial representatives suffer from, bubbly personalities, big smiles and bulging eyes! She immediately raised my sour spirits with her infectious sunny continence.

Our food came quickly but while we waited, we watched plate after heaping plate of delicious looking and smelling food pass by our table. The Onion Rings were of particular interest as the presentation was like nothing I have ever seen before, I was impressed at the ingenuity. No spoiler here, you have to visit to see what I mean, but our order was very good!

My wife selected the Digby Scallops and Fries, while I went with the man sized 3 piece Fish & Chips. My wife's meal was excellent, well presented and very generous. My Fish & Chips were simply amazing. Considering all the Fish & Chips served in Atlantic Canada and New England, I can say I have never had better. The lightly battered Haddock was crispy while the fish was fresh, moist & soft and simply delicious. The fries were home made fresh and perfectly cooked. We spent about $45 for our two meals, an order of the Onion Rings and two bottomless soft drinks.

I spoke to the Mom & Pop who have owned this gem for 35 years, Brian & Brenda Pollack. They were very friendly and justifiably very proud of their establishment. I recommend if you are in this area or visiting the Hopewell Rocks, you must stop in at the Log Cabin Restaurant for some great food in a beautiful log cabin atmosphere. You will not be disappointed.This is a family friendly, alcohol free establishment so if you want a beer your out of luck but trust me, beer will be the last thing on your mind when you taste the food!

The gift shop is very good as well. Lots of very interesting items from Maritime artists, every thing from nautical items, to jewelry, clothing and so much more (they even had "Duck Dynasty" items lol). My wife found a new leather purse to bring home and a nice Dream Catcher for the car. This was simply the best thing we did all week and it sure took the sting out of forgetting the darned memory card! We will be going back here again and again and maybe next time we will get those pictures of the Rocks!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Average meal. Pleasant service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Had lobster roll, fish and chips and fish chowder. Lobster roll small but for 7.99 can't complain. Good presentation, lobster was in light mayonnaise and very tasty and toasted roll was well buttered and overall it was a very tasty morsel that i would have been happy with in a more upscale restaurant. Fish chowder was very traditional maritime chowder that I enjoyed and would order again but I have had better. Fish and chips got a three out of five. Service was very pleasant and attentive. Serve real iced tea

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ont.Canada
“+Great food,great view,excellent service,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Enjoyed our meal,very nice atmosphere with a great view of the ocean.The service was exceptional.Will return on our next trip.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saugus, Massachusetts
“Waitress saff here are like stiff boards”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Here they think they are working at The Top of The Hub in Boston or something. Every time she came over she had a round tray, even just to ask how we were doing or to bring napkins... I feel this is silly. They were all wearing this white apron with black outfit, they looked like maids. She was rude to me as well, I was shocked about the law of not cooking burgers medium, when I said I could get medium back home, she said "This is not your home town" in a rude tone. A good waitress would say, I know it sucks and medium burgers do taste good... something more customer agreeing friendly. The place was a little to expensive also.

• Visited June 2013