“Great place to stay near Hopewell Rocks.” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Artisan Suites to your Saves list
The Artisan Suites
3923 Route 114, Hopewell Cape, New Brunswick E4H 3J2, Canada   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place to stay near Hopewell Rocks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is a wonderful place to stay in the Hopewell Cape area. We were in the Artisan Suite and found it to be very comfortable and very stylish. The suite is filled with tastefully decorated, filled with lovely art pieces and has every amenity you could want. The location is wonderful!!! -- gorgeous views of the Bay of Fundy. There's even a little campfire area with chairs -- wood provided -- where you can enjoy the evening air and the sound of the bay. The kitchen truly is fully-equipped and given the scarcity of decent restaurants in the area (understatement!!!) self-catering is a great open -- I think the *best* option -- when you're in this area. Buy some good local fish and stay home!!! My only regret about this place is that we were only able to get two nights there.... I wish I could have stayed much longer. Make sure you check out Wendy's art shop while you are there -- it's filled with lots of lovely things.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Close enough to be somewhere, far enough to be nowhere. Beautiful suite decorated with works from the gallery upstairs. Breakfast is porvided, and you prepare to your liking on your schedule. Bonus were the kitties that came for a visit that live with Wendy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Drumheller, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

The Hopewell Rocks were really calling me. On a TA travel forum someone had recommended The Artisan Suites. I decided to check it out. It was close to the time of booking, but there happened to be a cancellation and looking on internet it looked too lovely to bypass. I had just been on a rather hectic holiday to Halifax and decided it was time for "Me Time!"

The place was beautiful! The view from the suite was so entertaining watching the tides change. It had rained when I arrived and there was even a rainbow over the scenery that was out the window. The suite itself was huge, I felt deliciously evil enjoying this beautiful place all to myself. I relaxed on my patio chair with a glass of wine and enjoyed the amazing faces of the tide changes. A soak in the big jacuzzi was a perect wind down from a hectic day. It was perfect. ..a special retreat just for me! I was pleased with the location, just minutes away from the Hopewll Rocks!

The breakfast was wonderful, a different twist on bed and breakfast. The food was all in the fridge waiting for my preparation. It was huge. There was eggs, a baquette, fresh fruit in generous portions. yogurt, and a cheese slice. There was french pressed coffee to make (new to me but very good) and freshly squeezed orange juice. There was even pieces of chocolate on the bed. I felt that was a classy touch too. Wendy was a gracious host. I will recommend this B&B over and over. Excellent!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
NWT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010 via mobile

Wendy has thought of everything. This place is sparkling clean, very comfy, and serves a fantastic breakfast, included in the price. Lovely, private accommodation. Bring your own food for other meals, unless you want to drive to Alma or Moncton. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2010
montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Wendy's Coastal suite is a unique B&B experience. From the LAGOSTINA cookware that equips a FULL kitchen (I mean there was even a little cheese grader) to a king size bed made with what seemed to be cloud cuttings, the whole place is INCREDIBLE value. The view is superb, an outside fireplace les you enjoy the stars, and the little shop upstairs has some very interesting artwork. Wendy will even let you play wih a block of clay if you ask her nicely. One last word: the cleanliness is phenomenal.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

WOW. Truly felt like we had our own cottage on the bay. The unique "cook yourself" setup worked great - we loved the independence. Everything was clean and beautiful. Sad to leave. Amazing service and attention to detail with a personal touch (flowers for a birthday).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint John
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

Every three to four months, my fiance and I pick out a bed & breakfast or Inn to visit in different places for an escape weekend. He travels for work and we have four kids. We feel it's very important to get away with each other. Upon finding the Artisan Suite, we booked the suite for one of our escape weekends. Out of the many locations we have stayed at, we loved the Artisan suite, so we decided to try out the new Coastal Suite. It was among the VERY BEST that we have had the pleasure of staying at. The owner has thought of everything. Kings size bed, double jacuzzi tub, Table and Chairs for two, a fold down futon, microwave, stove, fridge, tv, dvd player, robes, toaster, picnic table outside and lawn chairs. Beautiful Decor. It's a pieceful spot located along the river. There view is breathtaking. I fell in love with the room immediately. The colors were cool and calming. I lost my Fiance in the King size bed!! The double Jacuzzi tub with foaming bath was among our favorite things about the room. We love the fact that it is not too far from the Champlain place mall for shopping or dining and that there is also a kitchenette for our use should we decide to stay in and eat. The fold down futon should we ever wish to escape with the children is perfect. What we love the most about this place is that the owner treats us very well and she is very accomodating. Whatever it is we are looking for, she is ready to see what she can do to accomodate. I would recomend this place to anyone! Well Done Wendy!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Artisan Suites? Share your experiences!