I was a little apprehensive booking a chalet for my wife and I. Turns out my worries were unfounded and my wife absolutely loved it. The cabins are in a beautiful and scenic location, overlooking the bay. Grouped into clusters, the cabins were clean and had charm. Never heard any neighbors although the place was booked solid. Easy distance to downtown Alma and all of the park although the hill is a good climb by bike. The owners met us at check-in and had great recommendations on local restaurants, their favorite less-used places to see and hike. Definitely book early as they do fill up during the main summer season. I suspect its easier on the shoulder seasons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fundy Highlands has 20 motel-studios and 24 cozy chalets spread across 18 acres of natural mountainside overlooking the renowned Bay of Fundy, home to the highest tides in the world. Each unit has free wireless high speed Internet, a private washroom and fully equipped kitchenette (stove top, small fridge, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, cookware and tableware).A magnificent panorama of the Bay of Fundy is open to you from the motel and most chalets.We offer various accommodations to suit your stay.Bed-sitting chalets (open concept) : two double bedsOne-bedroom chalets : queen bed and futonMotel-studios : double bed, twin bunks, satellite TVOur accommodations provide peace and quiet in a relaxing natural setting.Come discover the wonder of Fundy. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Fundy Highlands Inn And Chalets Hotel Alma
- Fundy Highlands Hotel And Chalets
- Fundy Highlands Alma
- Fundy Highlands Inn And Chalets Alma, New Brunswick