“Enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parkland Village Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alma
Parkland Village Inn
You added Parkland Village Inn to your Saves list
8601 Main Street, Alma, New Brunswick E4H 1N6, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Alma B&B and Inns
New York, NY
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed three nights here, and enjoyed the well-kept, family owned/run hotel. Beautiful views, and very hospital place (they even lent us their Ipad so we could meet an online deadline.) In house restaurant (Tides) was also wonderful and a plus for our stay. Recommend highly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Marietta, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Parkland Village Inn is a barebones operation in the tiny village of Alma, NB. No rooms are available on the first floor for mobility limited travelers; the continental breakfast is the least desirable on our entire two week trip in N.E. and NB. It's still 30 minutes from Hopewell Rocks, so stay in Moncton in better quarters and drive 15 more minutes to the Rocks--they are awesome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We have just left the hotel and I feel obliged to write a review immediately. We had a great stay. We arrived by chance, booked one of the street view rooms, very reasonably priced compared to other places on our trip round East Canada. We ate three times at the TIdes restaurant in the hotel and each time it was perfect. But the prize has to go to Joanne and her family. We were treated like long lost friends. All their advice was spot on. This really is a great place in beautiful surroundings. I would go back like a shot. Thanks to you all.

• Stayed September 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Third floor room with a balcony and a lovely view towards the beach. Bit of a hike up the stairs with heavy cases but the view was worth it. Worth paying the extra bit for the better rooms.

Fabulous meal in the Tides Restaurant with very friendly service and a great selection of seafood and other options.

Well-located for visiting the Fundy National Park and the Hopewell Rocks (both places issue tickets that are good for two days which is really helpful).

A lovely friendly welcome from the owners (three generations!).

Room Tip: Third floor with beach view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

A few years ago, my boyfriend and I stumbled across Alma on a random road trip and had the most memorable few days ever. In fact, we returned this past August, all the way from Toronto, Ontario, to get married at the Parkland Village Inn. The entire Casey family and all the staff went out of their way to make our wedding perfect. We can't thank them enough for their hospitality, the ridiculously amazing food and for making our family and friends feel at home. This amazing, magical Village was the perfect place for us to exchange our vows. If you are planning a trip to Alma, the Parkland Village Inn is the place to stay. Beautiful views, very clean rooms, incredible staff and delicious food. There's not much more you could ask for.
Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without the help of everyone at the Parkland. A special thank you to Joanna for her tireless work and to Marc for cooking a dinner that puts most downtown Toronto restaurants to shame!! Everyone is still talking about his chowder!!!

Anyway, as you can tell by our review, the 14 hour drive was well worth it!!!

See you next year,

Brian & Sheri Fulton

• Stayed August 2013
Hollywood, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our recent stay at the Parkland Village Inn set the tone for our vacation in Canada. The entire staff was always eager to make sure our stay was first rate. The room was spotless and the view of the bay, especially with the tidal changes, was magnificent. Whenever we had questions about the area, the staff went out of their way to suggest different venues.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the bay!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Before I get to raving about what a wonderful place the Parkland Village Inn is to stay or how incredible their food is, I need to discuss the quality of the family that runs this wonderful place.
My wife, young daugther and I took the exit off the highway late at night and 10 minutes later noticed that our car was on empty. The Parkland Village In is in Alma, New Brunswick which is about 45 minutes off the highway. We were not prepared for the dark and curvey drive through Bay of Fundy National Park that awaited us and we were shocked to find out that we didn't have any cellphone service. If we ran out of gas, I really had no idea what we were going to do because there was nothing and no one nearby. I was very disappointed in myself as a father for putting my family in that kind of situation. I was able to call Parkland Village Inn with one bar left on my phone before I lost service for good. I told them we were in trouble because I didn't know whether we could make it without running out of gas (I have a rental car so had no idea how much reserve there was) I didn't even know if they could hear me. We took it slowly to conserve gas and then had to deal with fog on top of the darkness, hills and curve. We kept waiting for the car to stop. Althought we didn't know it, meanwhile, the owners of the Inn, sent their son (also their brilliant head chef) with a can of gas to go looking for us because they were worried that we hadn't arrived yet. When we all arrived safely back at the hotel, I was incredibly embarrassed but they could not have been more gracious. I was very grateful for their help but they shrugged it off as being no trouble at all and they were just thrilled we were safe and they were happy to have us. Then we went up to our massive and very affordable two bedroom room with it's original hardwood floors (so tired of hotel carpet) with a huge picture window facing the Bay of Fundy where you could watch the change of tides. Now, I have to talk about the food! I've eaten in a lot of restaurants in North America and Europe where they talk about how fresh the seafood is but Parkland Village Inn is right beside the wharf where local fishermen bring in their catch. We started with a definitive seafood chowder. Every other one I've ever had(and there have been several) was just a soup. This was a chowder. Incredibly meaty but delicate with a fantastic flavour. It really set the tone for the whole meal. Our server, Jamie, was incredibly knowledgeable about their food and how it was prepared(what a difference an accomplished server can make to a meal). My wife had the seafood platter. Again, this is something that is usually average at best at other places but here it was spectacular. Scallops that came out of the ocean that day complimented by huge shrimp, whole clams and a great haddock. I had Chef Marc's special creation which I heard he had created for his father's 50th birthday which was lobster stuffed chicken. It was one of the best entrees I can remember. Very unique flavour. The freshness was amazing. My daughter had the parmesan crusted halibut and she loved it. (This was after she got into my chowder). We topped it off with hummingbird cake - a great desert that originated at the INN back in the 40s that has been passed down through the years. It will be a long time before I enter another seafood restaurant. It only goes down from here. I realize this was a long review but I hope it results in more travelers having the opportunity to enjoy this wonderful, wonderful place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Parkland Village Inn? Share your experiences!