“Nothing too much trouble” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chislehurst England
“Nothing too much trouble”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My visit to Alma was primarily to treat myself to a lobster dinner but many of the restaurants had stopped serving as end of season. On my first visit they had run out and seeing my disappointment offered to try and reserve me one for the following evening which they did ( and again the following evening) and which was absolutely delicious. Nowhere that I know of in the UK can you get that sort of service. The staff were friendly and helpful.
All credit and thanks to Joanna and Andrew for their 'can do' attitude which made my visit really enjoyable. My husband also enjoyed several of the other dishes on the excellent menu which also offers daily specials which are a little different from the norm and really worth a try. The prices are slightly higher than other restaurants in the area but this is the only one 'on the beach' and the quality of the food is worth paying a litle extra for.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mission, Canada
“Poor value.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stopped her for dinner while visiting Fundy National Park. The restaurant itself is nice, with a good view of the Harbour. I had the 'Fresh Fundy Scallops'. I do not feel that 7 small scallops with a few bland vegetables is worth $25. Neither of our meals were especially good and the service was horribly slow (yes there was a wedding party but they should have had more staff). Would not recommend this place, there are better values elsewhere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Van Buren, Missouri
“Favorite place EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We drive 1500 miles every year just to eat at the Tides. No joke. We think Fundy is awesome but have hiked every trail over the years. There are gorgeous places to visit closer to home. However each year as we weigh our options the Tides tips the scale. Our hearts yearn for the outstanding cuisine, friendly staff and stunning view of this restaurant. The family that run it are very accommodating. One son is the chef and his efforts make me so happy I almost grabbed him and hugged him last night. Decided to give him a break and just shake his hand instead. Our favorite is the Tides pasta. It has every kind of seafood you can imagine. And the Lobster dip is a MUST! Also they make a great Margarita. Not sure the name of my dessert but it was the gluten free chocolate torte. Wow, to die for. Don't miss this place if you are in the area. Thank you Tides.

Visited September 2013
New London, New Hampshire
“Don't miss this local food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had a scallop, blueberry green salad. The scallops were caught by local fishermen and the blueberries were wild and picked in the neighborhood. This was a delight to admire as well as to eat. Locally caught lobsters are also a good choice.
The staff loves working here and it shows in their service. A bank of windows allows you to have an unobstructed view of the Bay of Fundy and watch what the locals call the largest tidal change in the country.
Alma is located at the Edge of the Fundy National Park as well as the Bay. A unique location.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“A disaster of a dinner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Vegetarian options in Alma are sparse, so we were happy to see a couple of choices here. My wife ordered the veggie burger; I ordered halibut. Then we waited and waited and waited, while couples that were seated after us were served. After about 40 minutes the waitress reported they were out of veggie burgers; did she want something else? No - the other veggie option did not appeal, but could they bring a Caesar salad and baked potato? Yes - but the salad was terrible - lettuce and glopped on mayo. My halibut, in fairness, was nicely done, but after the poor service and inability to serve my wife, I had little appetite. The waitress and hostess were apologetic about the fiasco. (When I remarked on the very slow service, the hostess said she had told us when we sat down that they were busy - but when I pointed out that later arrivals had already been served, she saw my point.) Ultimately, they did the only thing they could in compensation - they tore up the bill. That was a nice gesture, but the evening had been ruined.

• Visited August 2013