“Not a good as it looked” 3 of 5 stars

(204) 642-4145
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 25 restaurants in Gimli
Winnipeg, Canada
“Not a good as it looked”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stopped by for a snack on the patio based on the crown of people. Not sure if it was too busy for good service or if it was the norm but it was not great. The food was average and nothing that I would go out of my way to try again. The only saving grace was the view.

Visited August 2012

52% Recommend
Gimli
“Awesome lakeside location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Consistently good food choices with healthy selections. I had the pickerel sandwich which came with a salad and was delicious. The menu changes regularly so you dont get bored with the food.

Visited April 2013
Gimli, Canada
“Waited and waited and waited”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Completely unacceptable food and service. Patiently waiting for nearly an hour. Then were served the special. Meager tomatoes in the dry BLT thrown together with a bit of bacon and iceberg lettuce. Ice cold tomatoes of a greenish hue. french fries obviously a poor quality frozen product were extremely salty and a bad color. No one seemed to care when I talked to the personnel.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Asked for some crusty rolls/bread and got served a slice of garlic bread that was to be shared by 2 people.

Visited August 2012
“WOW! Very Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had just bought a Seasonal camping site and Camper around the Gimili area. My family has been to seagull's 3 times in the last month and a half. We were there for the Islandic Festival, and the service was a bit slow, but pretty good that day. Last week my parents went there and were not served well at all. Today we went to Seagull's because we had been driving around and needed to eat. It was 2:00 P.M. and we were seated promptly by a nice young lady who got the first 2 of us drinks. The service was horrible from then on. We were greeted by the server after over 5 mins of all of us sitting down (5 people in total). We gave the lady the rest of our drink orders and the food orders at the same time. We got water, and after waiting for 10 mins I went to ask the server for our drinks and she just walked by me and mumbled something at me. When a busser noticed she asked what we needed and got it for us. Our food arrived and we were satisfied with the food. However, no refills were offered or brouoght out to the table at all through the rest of the meal. As we were eating, our server went on break for about 20 mins. We had finished, had our plates stacked for her ready to go, and were waiting for the bill. We waited for another 5 mins, before my father went to flag someone down for our bill. He waited at the front with 3 servers ignoring him for 2 mins untill he got someones attention. He complained about the service. A supervisor on staff explained to him that she was sorry and that the Chef had a family emargency and had to leave. I am sorry that the Chef had family problems but that had nothing to do with the horrible service we had recieved. We did get a $15 discount, but the experience left a bad taste in our mouths. As we left, a group of 8 people were coming in and waiting. We told them that we had ha bad experience, and they left. I myself, have been a leader in the Food Service Industry myself. This is the 2nd worse dining experience I have had in my life:( We will be in the area during the summer months for years to come and Seagull's will not be on our list for Restaurants in the future.

• Visited September 2012