“Poor” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Winnipeg, Canada
“Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Asked for some crusty rolls/bread and got served a slice of garlic bread that was to be shared by 2 people.

Visited August 2012

Winnipeg, Canada
“WOW! Very Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had just bought a Seasonal camping site and Camper around the Gimili area. My family has been to seagull's 3 times in the last month and a half. We were there for the Islandic Festival, and the service was a bit slow, but pretty good that day. Last week my parents went there and were not served well at all. Today we went to Seagull's because we had been driving around and needed to eat. It was 2:00 P.M. and we were seated promptly by a nice young lady who got the first 2 of us drinks. The service was horrible from then on. We were greeted by the server after over 5 mins of all of us sitting down (5 people in total). We gave the lady the rest of our drink orders and the food orders at the same time. We got water, and after waiting for 10 mins I went to ask the server for our drinks and she just walked by me and mumbled something at me. When a busser noticed she asked what we needed and got it for us. Our food arrived and we were satisfied with the food. However, no refills were offered or brouoght out to the table at all through the rest of the meal. As we were eating, our server went on break for about 20 mins. We had finished, had our plates stacked for her ready to go, and were waiting for the bill. We waited for another 5 mins, before my father went to flag someone down for our bill. He waited at the front with 3 servers ignoring him for 2 mins untill he got someones attention. He complained about the service. A supervisor on staff explained to him that she was sorry and that the Chef had a family emargency and had to leave. I am sorry that the Chef had family problems but that had nothing to do with the horrible service we had recieved. We did get a $15 discount, but the experience left a bad taste in our mouths. As we left, a group of 8 people were coming in and waiting. We told them that we had ha bad experience, and they left. I myself, have been a leader in the Food Service Industry myself. This is the 2nd worse dining experience I have had in my life:( We will be in the area during the summer months for years to come and Seagull's will not be on our list for Restaurants in the future.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great, Friendly Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My mom, who uses a walker, and I spent a week at the hotel and ate many of our meals at Seagulls. It was wonderful! The food was tasty, the servings generous, and the waitresses were wonderfully friendly and accommodating. We had a waitress named Jennifer for several meals who was exceptionally attentive and friendly. Looking forward to returning to Gimli!

Gimli, Canada
“Casual & Fine Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Nice place for a casual lunch or dinner or it can be fine dining... the menu is very limited but what they serve is fantastic.....the view is wonderful sitting beside Lake Winnipeg......

Visited May 2012
Winnipeg
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for two nights. Went to Seagull's for dinner on Friday. It took forever for our server to take our order from a very boring menu, even though there were only two other tables occupied. We had one drink and would have liked to order another after our meal, but instead sat with empty glasses as our server busied herself with other things behind the counter. Although we specifically said we would like to hold on to a menu to order dessert, she finally came out and asked if we would like coffee, with the hint that they were getting ready to close. We reminded her that we would have liked dessert and got it to go. Following morning we decided to give them another chance and went for breakfast. Since it was after 11:00 we asked if they were still serving breakfast. She said they serve breakfast until 11:30. but it was close to 11:30 (11:15 to be exact) so we would have to order from the lunch menu. Needless to say we left very disappointed and decided we would not go back there. The employees were very polite, but most definitely need a course on service.

• Visited April 2012