“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

2744 East Shawnigan Lake Road, Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia V0R2W0, Canada
250.743.1887
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Mill Bay, Canada
“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Excellent atmosphere, Excellent presentation and Excellent FOOD! The price was most reasonable, the service great and we had a very enjoyable meal. My co-workers tell me they have had the same experience and you know it's a good place when my mouth starts to water just writing this review! So publicly, my sincere thanks to the chef and his crew for a wonderful meal :) We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Victoria, Canada
“Couldn't get any attention”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Okay to be fair, we didn't wait too long. I met a friend there, we had an hour for lunch. I arrived at 1 pm, no one came to greet me so I hunted inside and found her tucked in a corner with a menu. I sat and we waited - because someone had seated her so they knew we were there.
We waited. It was very close quarters with the neighbouring table of 3 loud men.
We waited some more and tried to hear each other. Then we thought - let's go! and we did.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
deegreat1, Owner at Steeples Restaurant, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thanks for having fun with your trip advisor app and my business
we were quite aware that your friend was waiting fkr you to arrive from the post office job

it sounds to me that the problem was more about the loud table than the wait

we actually pride ourselves in a quick lunch where you get you 1st course in a couple minutes

that was a busy day and I remember very well
this is an unfair report and like I have said before
trip advisor gives people a voice

I hope you are happy with you efforts

couldnt get attention is your headline (then you admit it wasnt that long)
wow

my point exactly
“Lovely Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Well worth the drive from Victoria, BC to the "church restaurant". My sister and I arrived mid-day on a Sunday to sample the menu of a restaurant that I have driven past many times but had yet to go in. Delightful setting, attentive service, and an extensive menu. Good value here!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
oregon
“A terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were there with a group of 14, seated at 3 tables (4 at ours). We were the last served; the other tables had had dessert. Our food arrived after 2 hours. The waiter was surly when we asked for our food and more surly when we complained again. The food was acceptable, but not worth the price. The noise level is very high in the dining room. Difficult to hear the person next to you. In sum, the experience was terrible. I would never recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Excellent Food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Without a doubt the best chicken, havarti burger I have ever eaten. Fantastic food, fantastic service.

• Visited October 2013