“Fantastic Evening” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amuse Bistro

Amuse Bistro
840 Cherry Point Rd | Cobble Hill, Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia V0R 1L5, Canada
250.743.3667
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Cobble Hill, Canada
“Fantastic Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had a wonderful anniversary dinner. A knowledgeable waiter, professional waiter served us in a traditional, victorian dining room. The food was local, fresh, beautifully presented and tasted superb. I would say that the menu was small, but the chef was able to amend my meal to accommodate my food allergies.
At the end of the evening, we waited for our taxi on a covered porch while the rain came pouring down. A truly lovely experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best service around!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The girls went for lunch. Our first time to the "new" Amuse. Lovely setting, gorgeous building and views. As a vegetarian I found the options extremely limited, and neither the soup nor the main course I had to order contained protein. Also the wine was excellent but with my soup, small entree and wine I spent over $60.

I recommend including more meatless offerings. Our server was the best I've ever seen. Wonderful!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had the pleasure of sampling the breakfast/brunch menu of Amuse Bistro when they first opened. Fresh, local ingredients are used throughout. I tried their spanish omelet. When it arrived, I wasn't too sure as it looked nothing like an omelet I've seen before. Well, let me tell you it was simply the best I have ever tasted. A host of flavours. Simply wonderful. Beautifully located in on a rolling fields of a diary farm and part of a vineyard. The wine tasting room across the parking lot is also worth a visit.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Victoria, B.C.
“What a revival!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We knew Amusé from its days in Shawnigan Lake village, where we did already enjoy its atmosphere and great food, so on a typical Victoria gllomy downpour today we pointed our wheels there for a late brunch, on a whim as always. Finding no trace of the original location prompted a follow-up call and a quick re-steering to the new site, on the lands of the Unsworth Vineyards between Shawnigan Lake and Mill Bay. To say that the bistro gained in the move is an understatement; the new location in a refinished early 1900's farmhouse is brilliant. We had the pick of the house - the only customers on that gloomy early afternoon- and we sat in a warm and luminous addition to the house, with large windows overlooking the vineyard. Between the two of us we had a delicious vegetable bisque, an eclectic plate of charcuterie and local cheeses, an amazing chicken and waffle dish (just added to the menu) and a cassoulet to put France to shame. Everything was fresh, local and perfectly prepared. We lingered for three hours over a nice bottle of Okanagan red, finding time to enjoy a few pages of our books before a great dessert finale. Okay, perhaps you will not find the place all to yourselves on your visit, or a perfect combination of a lazy afternoon and a downpour outside... but chances are that your experience will be just as delightful.

• Visited November 2012
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

An incredibly charming renovated farmhouse provides an intimate dining experience. Food is as locally sourced as possible - our beef came from a farm just 3 km away - and the location in a vineyard is wonderful (try the Unsworth 2011 Pinot Gris). Service is impeccable. My friend needed to make some substitutions due to dietary restrictions and it was no trouble at all. Warniing:The smoked onion rings are irresistable.

• Visited October 2012