“Better Sushi then Victoria or Vancouver” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean, Asian fusion
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Victoria, Canada
“Better Sushi then Victoria or Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Found this awesome Japanese place thanks to Trip Advisor! The food was better then anything I’ve had in Victoria or Vancouver. Fresh sushi, large portions and very good value. The staff are very friendly and attentive... even offered us a free appetiser!

Small dining area with nice a nice updated décor.

If only I lived in Comox, I’d be a regular here for sure!

• Visited February 2013

Ontario
“You'll want to go back...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a great little restaurant in the Comox Valley. My meal was fresh, fast & delicious. I had sunomono and two rolls, the portions of which were incredibly generous. I've got leftovers, which I'm pretty excited to eat. I'll be back.

• Visited January 2013
Kootenays BC
“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

have eaten here 2 x & it is amazing. atmosphere is simple. The service is friendly & quick. Sushi is great. I have had the dynamite rolls, Sunomono, Agadshi tofu all are top notch. Not to mention , the prices are reasonable. e people for dinner was under 30$
the only downside , is finding it! It is tucked away behind 2 large fast food restaurants - mac d's & Tim hortons.

• Visited January 2013
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch yesterday. I had "combo b". Pork tonkatsu, California roll, salad, yakisoba, and miso soup. It was all very fresh, very tasty, and a large portion for $10.95. A great deal !

Powell River, Canada
“Excellent Japanese Food in an Unlikely Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

Look beyond a MacDonalds and a Tim Hortons in a small strip mall and there is AHRA. My husband and I found this wonderful little place several months ago by chance. We go there for lunch every time we are in Comox. It has takeout and sitdown service available.. AHRA operates Monday to Saturday from 11am to 8pm. You can order items separately or choose a lunch combo for $10.95. ARHA looks like a Tokyo noodle shop. It is very clean and the decor is simple and bright. Service is quick and friendly. Besides the usual sushi rolls there are wonderful Udon soups, Tonkatsu (Asian style cutlet) and Donburi (rice bowl topped with Unagi (eel) or seafood or chicken). The Appetizers are equally amazing. This wonderful little place is being discovered quickly. When I first went there we were the only diners except for a few tekeouts but our last visit found AHRA filled with happy people and only one table left. Friendly customers told us the last time they went to AHRA there was a lineup to get in!
Customers are often given new items to try for free. That is how we discovered Tako Yaki, a hot tofu and octopus appetizer. Every thing we have tried is always fresh and served correctly. Green tea is
provided free throughout the meal. If you order something really good like Seafood Udon The chef will serve you himself! It makes me wish that AHRA was in my town. Super food at reasonable prices.

• Visited December 2011