“Best breakfast in years!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Valley Bed & Breakfast

Sun Valley Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sun Peaks
Sun Valley Bed & Breakfast
You added Sun Valley Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
7305 Cahilty Crescent | Whitecroft Village / Heffley Creek, Sun Peaks, British Columbia V0E 1Z0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Sun Peaks B&B and Inns
Bellevue, WA
“Best breakfast in years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2006

Even before we confirmed our trip Ian was very friendly and helpful in setting up our trip. We arrived at the B&B later in the evening and everything was ready for us and our pampered pooch. The suite was very clean, spacious, and even the dog bowls were out and ready to go. Unfortunately our schedule allowed us to stay only one night, so we didn't enjoy the sauna or hot tub, but both looked very tempting and we will take advantage on our next trip. There were plenty of channels on the satellite TV and a healthy selection of DVD's as well.

We slept very well, the B&B is very quiet, and since it's so close to Sun Peaks we didn't have to get up extremely early to get up there at opening time.

I was amazed at the breakfast that Ian created for us, fresh fruit, yogurt, and quite possibly the best omelette that I've ever eaten. The breakfast itself was worth $20-$30. Can't wait to see the new gourmet stove once it's installed.

• Stayed March 2006

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2006

Our family recently stayed three nights at this terrific place. We were so well taken care of - our little guy's (and our) dietary preferences completely catered to at breakfast, excellent dinner dining suggestions, even the provision of a pair of winter boots for my husband who had forgotten his. The layout is so suitable for folks on active trips with a separate room for storage of your gear, the sauna for warming the joints at the end of the day and the fab hot tub on the deck of the top floor. Can't fathom why anybody wouldn't want to stay here! And, forgot to mention the wide selection of DVD movies - there's something for every family member! Easy choice for accommodation in the area - look no further!

Victoria, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2006

The Sun Valley B&B is ten minutes from the famous Sun Peaks Ski Resort revered for it's powder snow. The The B&B is located on Heffley Creek near Kamloops, B.C. My buddy and I used the B&B as our headquarters while skiing Sun Peaks. After a hard day on the slopes it was a pleasure to return to a comfortable, warm setting and gourmet food prepared by the host Ian McArthur. On one occasion he prepared a dish he called "Heavenly Sole" consisting of skinless sole, broiled briefly and topped with a mix of Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, chopped green onions,lemon juice and a shot of tobascco. We rated it a WOW. The rest of the meal was equally delicious.
The breakfasts too were imaginative and changed daily. So good in fact there was very little need for lunch.
Finally, the B&B is situated in a country atmosphere and a must for a budget conscious traveller who enjoys quality food.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2006

January 26, 2006:

Last week I enjoyed a four-day ski holiday at the Sun Peaks resort north of Kamloops, B.C. Although Whistler is closer to me, as a resident of Vancouver, I find Sun Peaks to be more reliable for skiiers, since the resort is not subject to the coastal rains. I felt very lucky to arrive and find new snow accumulation over the previous 3 days and a foot of new powder towards the end of the week. The resort was in a festive mood, gearing up for an upcoming Ice Wine Festival. Even so, being mid-week, there were no lift line-ups.

I stayed for the second time at the Sun Valley Bed and Breakfast in Whitecroft Village at the base of the mountain. I do want to pass the word on that this is an excellent place to stay and I believe that the hosts deserve credit for making the stay of myself and others almost perfect. I felt that the atmosphere was a good balance of privacy and sociability, and the accommodation spacious, spotlessly clean and comfortable. I stayed in one of the two private suites on the main floor, and had easy access to the new sauna and other amenities.

Being a nutritionist, food is an important part of a holiday for me. The fact that I require a gluten-free menu and prefer a low-fat menu is often daunting for those in the hospitality industry. So I was delighted to find that the Sun Valley host, Ian McArthur, was not only accommodating, but also happy to shop for the special gluten-free supplies that I needed. The gluten-free diet does limit my choices at the restaurants located in the Sun Peaks resort village, but even without the special dietary need, I would still prefer an excellent home-cooked meal to a restaurant meal. I enjoyed the luxury of being served delicious breakfasts and dinners meticulously prepared and presented with a flare.

Thank you Ian and staff for a delightful stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2006

We just returned form our stay at the Sun Valley B&B and had a great time. It was just the kind of weekend we needed, good skiing, comfortable accomodations and great food. The hosts were very flexible, friendly but not intrusive and cooked us great breakfasts and even catered to our special food needs. They also served great (gourmet) dinners and we took them up on the offer for dinner every night. There's privacy in the rooms - complete with stereo and TV's, and a hot tub and sauna when you want to get out. It's also kid friendly. Nice spot. We hope to return.

• Stayed December 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2005

Earlier this year I was lucky to find myself accommodation at Sun Valley B & B. This B & B is a short drive from Sun Peaks Resort. The layout and furnishings of this B & B have been well thought out and are lovingly maintained by the hosts. I felt welcome from the moment I walked in the door.

There are areas for privacy as well as common areas. I sincerely appreciated the artistically presented, interesting, nutricious breakfasts. What a way to start the day!

Dinners were offered as an option (at additional expense) when I was there.

A drying room, where wet ski gear could be dried overnight before reuse the next day, was an added convenience. Lots of hanging racks were available to set hats, helmets, gloves and neckers on. Even boot driers were provided. Bonus!

I liked being in the quiet country atmosphere, just a short distance from the touristy feel of the Resort Village. After apres ski activities, I relaxed in Sun Valley B & B's hot tub, gazed at the stars (they seemed ever so close in the crisp night sky), read, chatted with other guests, and could even choose to watch any number of videos available from the broad selection in the on-site library.

Try it, you'll like it!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2005

I wish I could take this B&B with me everywhere I travel. This unique B&B has great rooms, sparkly clean, the beds are wonderful, with great pillows and comforters. Hospitality plus, Ian makes you feel like an honoured member of the family. Their goal is to make their guests want to come back and they do it right. If you want stimulating conversation you got it or if you want your own private space you have your own sitting room -- and on top of all that the food and coffee are GREAT -- my favourite, Ian's eggs benedict. No matter what season this place is at the top of my list. I am in the travel industry and gladly recommend this B&B to my clients. Joyce

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Sun Valley Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!