“Great gluten free treats” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Takeout
Smithers BC
“Great gluten free treats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Love the gluten free baking! I love going here with my friends because of the gluten free options. Great coffee and even though I don't have little kids I love to see the kids play area. Great idea. And I can't forget awesome coffee.

Visited December 2012

Telkwa
“OK, but not the best service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've been in a couple of times for lunch and coffee. I once ordered a panini, and the server made it on a dirty grill - I know it was just food stuff, but to see someone scraping the black bits off your sandwich is a bit off-putting. Another time, I stood at the counter while a server standing 2 feet away on the other side of the counter totally ignored me for 5 minutes while she made another customers coffee, then walked away without even saying "I'll be with you in a minute". Eventually, a completely different person came to help. I'm glad there's a kid-friendly place in Smithers, but the vibe isn't great for adults and the service needs work.

Visited July 2012
Smithers
“Fantastic Teas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I love this coffee shop and I don't drink coffee. The owner and head barista knows her stuff. She makes fantastic coffees (according to my friends) and also knows here teas and brings in some excellent ones. She also makes something called a red espresso. As someone who is tired of sweet drinks and does not tolerate caffeine, the ideal hot drink is the RED Americano misto. Staff all are well trained for making the wide range of drinks and their baked goods are wonderful and many are wheat and gluten free.

Lunches are very reasonably priced and quite delicious.

Even though it is kid friendly I have never been there and had to listen to a bunch of orangutangs. The kids area is tucked away and there are tables for adults who don't have to see the kids.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Smithers, Canada
“Great food, drinks and family friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We often go to Heavenly Grinds. They have a great selection of coffees and teas that are priced fairly.They also have a variety of menu items that are wheat and gluten free. Their baking is delicious!
This is the only kids friendly coffee shop I have been to, and I love it. They have a great kids play area that is clean and stocked with awesome toys. The worst part of this place is when you have to leave; your kids won't want to.
If you support local businesses and want to know what is in the food you're eating, or have dietary restrictions, this is the place to go. The staff are always friendly, helpful and knowledgable of the products offered.

• Visited September 2012