“Quiet night, good breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stork Nest Inn

You added Stork Nest Inn to your Saves list
Stork Nest Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1485 Main St, Smithers, British Columbia V0J 2N0, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Smithers
Prince Rupert, Canada
“Quiet night, good breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

No problems in my night here. The price for a nice was average...if you don't count the breakfast. Once you factor in that, it becomes a very good deal. The rooms aren't huge, but they have a small fridge and a television and more importantly the bed is soft and comfortable.

Breakfast was tasty. Despite being the last one down, they offered to make more hash browns for me, which I refused and had pancakes instead. The breakfast is what you expect, coffee or tea, ham, bacon and sausage, pancakes and eggs. Fruit and cereal are available as well. More than enough to fill up a traveller who's looking to eat before they hit the road or explore Smithers.

The only issue I can see is that the building is very close to the fire station, so if something happened, you risk being woken up by the alarms. It didn't happen my night, though, and given that Smithers isn't that big, it's unlikely to, I think. Overall, I'm very pleased with my night.

Room Tip: There's a fire station on the south side, so north might be a better choice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed at the Stork and Nest. Staff are very pleasant. Yes they have a curfew of midnight which I do not see anything wrong with.

The rooms are dated of course but considering I'm only there to sleep and relax it was great value for the money.

The breakfast was awesome, service incredible and would recommend this place for the traveler who is looking to enjoy Smithers and the mountains.

• Stayed June 2014
Oxford, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed one night on trip to Prince Rupert. If I could have just rated breakfast it would have been excellent. Nicest bacon and lovely fresh eggs. The room however was tired, the taps were labelled the wrong way round so waited ages wasting water trying to have a shower before realising hot was cold and vice versa. No hair dryer and the decor was tired. it was all nice and clean, the bed linen was fine but my normal gripe -the towels were way too small to go round anyone other than a size 8! It was in a quiet area and our sleep quality was fine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mackenzie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The service is pleasant, the rooms are a bit rustic (carpet quite soiled, bathroom tap came off in my hand - which was quickly seen to after calling front desk), but clean and comfortable. TV is good, and free wi-fi. Central location, right off Main street. Complimentary breakfast was good, eggs made while you wait, pancakes, ham, hash-browns, toast, cereal.. A nice trouble-free 2 day stay. There is supposed to be a sauna, but I never found it..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
St. John's, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My friend and I were travelling in northern BC and rented rooms at this hotel over the internet. I had never been to Smithers before. We were met at the door by a lady who was quite abrupt and confrontational and I considered not staying. She advised us there was a curfew of midnight and that the doors would be locked at that time and we would not be permitted in after. At first I thought she was joking. I have never had the experience where I paid for a motel room and had a curfew, and I didn't care for it. It seems however that Smithers shuts down early in the evenings and midnight was not hard to adhere to.

The rooms are extremely basic. 1 star is generous. The best part is the free breakfast in the morning. The next morning there was a lovely, warm lady on who actually chased us out to the car to ensure we received our receipt. If she had been on the night before it might not bothered us so much.

Room Tip: This place has a curfew...I'm not sure if other hotels do but be warned.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Telegraph Creek, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a basic hotel, not glamorous, but very friendly. At breakfast in the morning, the staff and other customers often chat. The owners always remember us and ask us about our trip. It is quiet, clean, has comfortable beds. Each room is unique, one has a huge tub in the main room!
One has a huge bathroom and one has two single beds in a separate alcove. We often help ourselves to tea in the evening. Smithers is such a friendly place.

Room Tip: 108, big bathroom. 201, one double bed and two single beds.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were south bound from Alaska returning to lower USA and found Stork Nest Inn by driving around downtown Smithers BC. The staff was immediately friendly and allowed us to preview room. Finding is pleasant we stayed the night and enjoyed it. Clean with good shower and quiet 2nd floor, rear. Rate at $115.00 was inline with similar BC selections.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Stork Nest Inn? Share your experiences!