“Won't be back” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Smithers, Canada
“Won't be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I went to the Cantina on our anniversary. It has a nice atmosphere, but is extremely loud even when it is only half-full. The server was pleasant, but once our order was taken she disappeared off the face of the planet. After waiting for 45 minutes and not recieving our appetizers I was preparing to leave when they finally arrived. For my entree I had the big burritto with pulled pork. It was okay. My wife had chicken . My food was cold, I am guessing it was sitting there for awhile, probably waiting for my appetizer too. The next day both my wife and myself had stomache pain and cramps and.... you can guess the rest. I paid a pretty penny to wait for poor food that I am sure made us sick.
Save your money and health, there's plenty of better options in town.
I will never go back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kitimat, Canada
“si, si...bueno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great Spanish style eatery. Fabulous staff and kids are welcome...it's just a really nice place to enjoy good foods and even have a train roll by, to add to the ambiance.

Visited October 2011
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“Great flavours.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The server recommended the chicken burrito. It was served hot, had a great taste, featured some local products too. I particularly liked the roasted yams. They were cooked perfectly and tasted great.

It's nice they start you with tortilla chips and salsa, but I am sure the chips were store bought and possibly the salsa was store bought. I was worried for the meal, but it turned out great.

Visited September 2012
“Just say no!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This staff of this restaurant apparently do not appreciate serving the people who stop here on Via Rail. I would think management should reconsider whom they have working for them because they are losing tourist dollars. You would think a restaurant located in the train station would be excited to serve the train passengers. Well not this place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Smithers, Canada
“simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

if you like mexican style food, you need to come here! the food is amazing, always fresh, including their buns, which they bake themselves. i come here on buisness, family and friends visits. always great food at really good value. although it isn't the fastest place, but easily worth the wait. very busy especially on the weekends, make a reservation. and they let you change some of the dishes if you have likes or dislikes, or have food sensitivities.

Visited July 2012