“Great place! Ultimate hosts! A do not miss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Logpile Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Smithers
Logpile Lodge
You added Logpile Lodge to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3105 McCabe Rd, Smithers, British Columbia VOJ 2N7, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Smithers
Whitefish, Montana, United States
“Great place! Ultimate hosts! A do not miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Barbara and Chris are great not to mention the wonderful lodge! I called and spoke to Barbara on our way into Smithers, reserved a room not having any idea of the treat we were in for. Upon checkin Barbara walked us through our beautiful room, showed us the awesome view from out private balcony, and poured us a cold beer, before asking "what time would you like breakfast". After a great night of sleep, Chris and Barbara prepared a delicious breakfast with all one could ask for (including edible flowers from her garden!) We had great conversations with both our hosts and feel like we made new friends.... CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!

Room Tip: No worries there....just give Barbara or Chris a call. They will take care of anything else you may...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We came to Smithers to fish while on an extended road trip. This well built, lovely lodge is outside of town on a hill surrounded by mountain views and trees with flowers everywhere. Barbara and Chris are wonderful hosts. We were greeted with wine and a snack brought to our room so that we could enjoy them from our balcony. As mentioned, our room (G) was a bit Spartan, but I really like that so much better than to be surrounded by clutter with no place to put suitcases or travel gear. We fished early and Barbara provided us with great lunches and made sure we had a little breakfast before we left each day. We did get the full custom breakfast on our last day and it was delicious. We also ate dinner one evening and it, too, was fabulous. We felt this was one of the best values in our entire trip. Will definitely come back if we are in the area!

Room Tip: We stayed in G which had 2 double beds. The other 6 rooms were booked. We had a lovely view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was in Smithers area for business for three days, and found the Logpile Lodge near perfect. The location is out of town, but not that far. And being in the middle of the forest is quite amazing. From my balcony I was able to watch the moon rise every evening.

The location is quiet, and the beds very comfortable. There is a common fridge to keep some food/drinks in.

Small concerns:
The bath towels are small. The internet connection was quite spotty from time to time. I supplemented by tethering with my phone when needed.

There are great views of the mountains around the Lodge, but not from the rooms. The balcony was quite nice and large enough to sit out on and watch many birds.

Breakfast is great. Fresh warm bread and bisquits each morning, then a choice of cooked breakfast which was top quality. Each morning I packed enough left-overs for a great snack.

I found the price to be very reasonable, and an excellent choice for anyone visiting Smithers. The hotels in town are probably ok, but this is special, and at a comparable price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My son and I stayed here, and I was charmed by the simplicity of the rooms, coupled with a very nice view. The room was large, but sparsely furnished (think European), with a balcony. The drive up to the lodge is a bit on the rough side, and I wouldn't care to try it in winter. Also, there is no tv or phones in the rooms, but they do have a nice great room, where you are welcome to hang out, watch tv and visit with other guests. The breakfast, which is cooked to order, was really fantastic. The hosts chatted with everyone, making sure you had what you needed, and making suggestions on what to see. There are complimentary drinks in the evening, along with a snack,
I would go back to the Logpile Lodge in a heartbeat if I am ever near there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the LP... rating could be deceiving as I always believe that there is room for improvement. Barbara and Chris were very pleasant and informative.... I recommend that travellets take the minor jant off of Hwy 16 and stay at the LP. You wont be disapointed

• Stayed July 2012
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was on vacation 15 days in beautiful British Columbia. During that time I visited a lot of amazing places. The Logpile Lodge was hands down my favorite.

This lodge is an abolutlely stunning building which was designed and built by the owners. The location is perfect. Away from town in the woods for peace and quite, but close enough for easy access to shopping and dining in Smithers. There is no phone or TV but WiFi is available. Tranquility at its finest.

I stayed in the suite. Beautiful, spotless, and private. Perfection!

Barbara prepared an amazing breakfast made to order. Presentation was first class. Meal was excellent. And the conversation interesting. Barbara is an exceptionally hard working and hospitible person. I felt right at home.

My only complaint. I didn't stay long enough. But, somehow someway I will come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was a real find. A gorgeous lodge with beautiful views of wildflowers. The place has been built by a Swiss couple and everything is pristine. Beautiful wildflowers. Breakfast is complimentary and had the best homemade bread I've ever tasted.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with views of the gardens. The huge poppies outside are fantastic.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Logpile Lodge? Share your experiences!