“Resort LOL Don't wast your money!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crazy Creek Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Crazy Creek Resort to your Saves list
Crazy Creek Resort
6162 Trans-Canada Highway 1 | Malakwa, Sicamous, British Columbia V0E 2J0, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Sicamous B&B and Inns
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Resort LOL Don't wast your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My 1st clue should have been when I called that they had plenty of spots available the 1st week of Aug..We are from Edmonton and were excited as we got closer to our destination that I pointed to the crazy creek billboards saying " look kids that's were we are staying:". What a disappointment!
They charged us $45 a night for a spot on a gravel pit parking lot,backing on to the train tracks that shook us up every 20 min. The hot pools is not worth another $40 for 1 dip. The least they could have done was offer a discount for those who spent the night in there parking lot. You have to pay to walk across the suspension bridge that I must say is quit beautiful!. The ONLY reason we stayed is that we went to the amazing Enchanted Forest and Zip line parks.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I booked a "cabin" for a one night stop for my family on our way to Canmore. We pulled in and noted that the parking lot was empty. We checked-in and while checking-in, I noted the prices for the activities. $40 for my family of four to do one dip in the hot pools and another $40 for us to see a waterfall and walk on a suspension bridge. I was shocked! I asked if there was a family pass for both activities, the response was "no." I asked if people staying the night got a discount, and the answer was 10%. We drove to our "cabin" - which is at the far end of the dirt parking lot (or rather dirt field). Not one tree! We pulled up to our unit and were not impressed with the exterior. The building is unfinished and looks like a simple motel. The room was nice enough and clean, but could not fit a family of four. It had a double bed & a small fold out single futon (not even big enough for an adult to sleep in). After a few minutes, we decided to go and ask to get our money back. I was told that there is a 72 hour cancellation policy as these units are in high demand. I did end up getting a refund in the end. We ended up driving straight-through to Canmore and had a wonderful stay at the Silver Creek Lodge. One more thing, charging an extra $10 for an 8 year old to stay, ridiculous!!! Never ever have I encounted a hotel/motel, etc. charging extra for a child. My advice to Crazy Creek, lower your prices and your parking lot might fill up!

Keremeos, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The location is far toooooo noisy for a repeat visit. The trains blow their whistles all night. We finally packed up and were gone by 7:00 a.m. Couldn't find the sani-dump that apparently is free to overnight guests and the office didn't open until 9:00 a.m. The $40.00 charge for the pools, for a family of four was too much for our vacation budget.

Jobart

Revelstoke, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

my family with three young kids were so excited to go here. drove the 30 minutes from revelstoke to here, when we first pulled in i honestly thought the "camp area" was a rest stop. we go check in, our first of three nights planned were going to be spent in one of there suites. husband comes back and points, straight through the parking lot and says thats where were staying for 160/night. no tress, no grass no walking paths nothing. we turned around and demanded a refund. 160 night plus you still have to pay to use the pools and bridge?? understandable they need to make money but really? if you are going to charge resort prices than make sure your guests will be arriving at a resort, not a dirt path parking lot. i cant comment on the pools or bridge we turned around and went back to revelstoke, paid 120 for a hotel, that has a outdoor hot tub, that they dont charge extra to use.

Room Tip: anywhere else but here!
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

They'll only get us once. $49.50 (taxes in), extra $9.80 if you want to use the hot pools and the same again if you want to see the falls. The washroom building was under construction and the walk to the washrooms was a mud field. The highway was noisy, the trains were noisy and the bobcat, and hoes started at 07:00. Could not wait to leave and they will never get us again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lumby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My mother turned me on to Crazy Creek hot pools about 1.5 yrs ago, she even bought a season pass! We are from the Okanagan where you cannot go anywhere without a 1000 people there!

I have never stayed overnight at Crazy Creek, although I imagine the "train noise" reviews to be bang-on. I used to stay up the road at a resort as a child and the train whistles at 2am always awoke me.

That aside, the pools at Crazy Creek are wonderful. Have been there in the summer (tanned on the patio and soaked in the pools) and in crazy snowstorms in the winter (the pools are warming and wonderful in a Revelstoke valley snow storm). Clean, and very well kept. Bathrooms are also very clean.

I understand this resort is in development phases but that does not bother me. I will continue to come to the pools and enjoy the beautiful outdoors here!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Banff National Park, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I spent one night at crazy creek resort and was extremely underwhelmed. We stayed in a very nice unit that was clean and comfortable and visited the hot pools which were fine as well, but definitely not the nicest pools one can visit while in the area. The resort is currently under construction; they have big plans for great things but in the meantime is a pretty big eyesore. There are no trees or even grass where the "cabins" and campsites are and everything is very close to the highway, as well as the railway, so you can hear the traffic from the pools.
Despite these shortcomings, the place would not be that bad if I didn't get the feeling that the owners of this place were after one thing- money. Everything costs extra. Charging $10 to see a waterfall in Canada is disgraceful. Not giving people who are paying $180 a night to stay with you a break when they forget HST on the $10 hot pool charge is in very bad taste, considering the drive back one would have to get more money as there are no paths to the campground.
All very strange considering all the Christian propaganda spread throughout the property...
Ignore the billboards and skip this place until they get sorted!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crazy Creek Resort? Share your experiences!