“ROUGH AND BARELY READY” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Yorkshire
“ROUGH AND BARELY READY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you like 10 TV screens; a pub that doesn't have any of their white house wine (other wines around $45+ per bottle); noisy locals intent on heavy drinking sessions (i grant you it was Saturday) and soggy fries - then this is the place for you. Me? I'd give it a miss!

Visited September 2013

72% Recommend
british columbia
“Despite the reviews we enjoyed ourselves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Based on the reviews I was a little apprehensive about going here but we enjoyed it and ended up going back again. The atmosphere is really relaxed and the location is beautiful. The curry mussels were delicious!! My boyfriend wasn't overly excited about his first meal but did enjoy the ribs on our second pass. Overall the staff were nice, the food came quick and we very much enjoyed the atmosphere and scenery. I think its at least worth a shot!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
vvh5764, General Manager at Lighthouse Pub, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We have made several changes to improve quality of food and service as we move into the Autumn. We appreciate you giving us a chance. We are endeavoring to ensure we are the number one Pub on the sunshine coast giving our guests a fantastic experience.
“Basa and chips? Where did the cod go?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Pub management has amended their menu several times over as many months to the detriment of the patrons. Apart from the escalation in prices, they have taken cod off the menu and replaced it with Basa, a farmed Mekong River catfish which the writer strongly suggests you research. Limited Government controls and questionable feeding practices have banned the import of this fish in a few States below the line. Management has implemented this change soley on price (less than 50% of cost of cod) and at the expense of offering less than quality fish which patrons used to enjoy. Smarten up management.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Wait for food forever”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

2nd visit and had to wait forever to get our food (mine was cold). Waitresses were great, so the problem is with management or the kitchen and from the other reviews on this site, they don't seem to be getting the message. Sadly, the great location does not make up for the poor service. Friends and I won't be going back.
P.S. this is the first review I've written. That's how mad I was. :-(

Visited September 2013
Sechelt, Canada
“If you ever get your food, it might be OK, at least they have decent craft beer... and enjoy the view while you wait...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've eaten here many times, mainly because I'm a local, the atmosphere is OK, the location is great, and there are minimal other places to go other than this. I've never written a review yet, but I've finally hit my threshold for bad service. This pub consistently has mediocre food (Gramma's in Gibsons is way better but has a less nice building) and it takes FOREVER to get to you (>1 hour). It seems to have declined over the past few months. Maybe due to a busier summer season, but I'm also aware that there were management changes recently. The servers are hit or miss. Some are great, some are surly. I think the nice ones are really trying their hardest, maybe it's just the kitchen that's slow. Last time I was there I watched a table arrive, sit for >15 min while being ignored, and one of the guys at the table had to get up to find the server so they could get menus and order drinks. It was a long weekend, mid-afternoon, although the place was not even half full and it appeared that there were lots of staff.

I don't really know what to do about this problem. In all honesty, I will probably go back at some point, but I kind of want to school the management a bit. When you PAY ATTENTION to guests when they walk in and throughout their visit, they drink more, eat more, and tip better! Me and many of my friends have decided to just have appies there and go elsewhere for mains because the food was so slow.

On a side note, I've always been irked that I get better service if I'm dining with men. I get completely ignored many times if it's just us girls. I realize this is a universal problem because men can be easily fooled into tipping more, blah, blah, blah, but it still drives me crazy. I guess it's just the type of place that you have to order 2 drinks at a time...

Anyhow, Lighthouse Pub, your location is what saves you, but I'd rather eat a Gilligans burger. I really wish someone could class up your pub a bit so that the service and the food matched the view?

• Visited August 2013