“Such great improvements” 5 of 5 stars

Description: It is a recently openend restaurant
Description: It is a recently openend restaurant
“Such great improvements”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

All the times I've been to Ricky's have been a hit or miss. Lately every time I have gone to this location I have had excellent service, my order has been exactly what I asked for, refills for myself and family have been brought before I even have time to notice I need another one. The young girl who was managing previously obviously had no skills for the position so I was happy to learn that the reigns had been passed to another woman, which might I add is doing great! I thought this restaurant was a lost cause but I'm happy to have given it another chance. I've been pleased with every visit & can not wait to go back again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sechelt
“Awful Service, Overpriced Food, Nice Location”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

45 minutes to get a couple of kid's orders of pancakes. Pancakes! You try keeping a 3 year old distracted for 45 minutes.

Coffee was cold and stopped at the first cup. Was never asked for a refill or whether we would like anything else. One fellow diner had to ask three times for their coffee.

Food was OK but extremely lackluster. Pancakes without butter? Pancakes without any option of topping (I seem to recall the first time we went to Ricky's it was a MUCH different experience).

Staff seemed distracted and not really there.

A bill was not forthcoming so we started putting on jackets and leaving. "Oh, here's your bill!"

OK, I'd like to pay it now. Nope, gotta wait. The manager had to intercept a waitress and I saw her mouth the words, "go and take his money!".

Ridiculous.

To top it off, I think they charged more than the menu said, but we were just happy to leave.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
sechelt
“Tasteful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have always had friendly and courteous service.The food has always been excellent with every visit.I frequent here over other establishments in town.

Visited January 2013
Sechelt, Canada
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

New management is a real donkey's butt. From what I saw, he is extremely difficult to work for (degrading to staff) I think his name is Liam

Visited November 2012
Sechelt
“Great improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

The teething problems of this new restaurant seem to be over. Staff are happy and helpful, wait times are reasonable and food is up to Ricky's standard at last. Try the turkey pot pie and the sticky toffee pudding. Yum

• Visited December 2012