“Excellent service and clean room” 5 of 5 stars

Blue Sky Motel
and 1 more site!
You added Blue Sky Motel to your Saves list
Blue Sky Motel
4726 Sunshine Coast | Highway 101, Sechelt, British Columbia V0N 3A0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sechelt
“Excellent service and clean room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

It's old... But very nice and clean. specially the owner has great service mind and very nice people.. I will stay in this motel for my next vacations.
Best motel i ever stayed.. Good value, excellent service,
Nice and clean room.... So many good things about this place...

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tsawwassen, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Recently stayed at the Blue Sky and was pleasantly surprised!!
I had stayed there about 5 years ago and it was a nice location, but the felt like it needed work. Amazing what can be done in 5 years!! I arrived to find a nice couple to great me at the front desk and could see right away the amount of work that had been done.
The rooms were spotless and upgraded immensely from the last time we were there and the hotel was conveniently located close to town and right on the water.
I would highly recommend this little beauty for anyone who wants a quiet little place to relax.
Cheers

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roberts Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

A lot of work has been done to update this little gem and the motel is fresh, clean and comfortable . It has been around for a long time ( we have stayed years ago) and we were impressed with the new look of the rooms. The young man who runs it is so friendly and even found us places to stay further up the coast when we were leaving. It is right across the street from the beach and next to a great coffee shop and store. A wonderful place to take the kids, with a sandy beach within a short walk. Our room had a kitchen and separate bedroom making it affordable for our vacation. We loved it. It may not be for everyone, but if you are looking for cute, clean, affordable and friendly (and who isn't) it is a super place.

Room Tip: Pick rooms 1 to 4 for an ocean view but the back rooms may be quieter. All are stair free so great f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have put off sending this until now as I was so angry that I originally called Hello BC and lodged a complaint about this little motel.

I was on a road trip with my boyfriend last year on his motorcycle. We toured up the sunshine coast and had a great time until we pulled into the Blue Sky Motel. We has chatted about a place to stay and thought this might be a good spot. As we pulled up and I got off the back of the bike I fainted due to dehydration ( i apparently did not drink enough water as I am a new motorcycle passanger). As my poor boyfriend was trying to pick me up and helped me to a chair in front of one of the rooms and got me some water from the store next to the motel, the owner/manager (an asian/korean fellow) came around the corner and my boyfriend asked how much were the rooms were. He did not answer him and just looked at me with the water bottle on my lip ( when I fell I went face first into the gravel- thankfully I still has the helmet on which saved more facial damage.) He then shouted at us to "Just leave" and kept repeating it. I told him I fell and needed to dit for a minute and he kept yelling for us to leave.

We are peaceful people and I work as an employment counsellor in Vancouver BC and I was shocked an appauled that another human would not even care about a person in need. After about15 minutes we left on the bike (we should have called an ambulance just in case) and stopped at a gas station where I was attended to by an ambulace driver who happended to be gassing up as well.

DONT Stay at this place (dont patronize a motel that does not care about people). I have told every one I have come accross in my travels to not stay at the Blue Sky motel (even it it looks like a cute littel place to stay). Dont give your hard earned dollars to an uncaring owner.

Check out the Sunny Crest Motel in Gibsons instead - better value, nicer people.

Room Tip: Dont stay here. I have called "Hello BC" to lodge a complaint about this place!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We wanted to stay there this past weekend, but it was full. Yet, when we called, the owner kindly recommended another motel to us (which turned out to be a really good one too) and not only that, offered to call around more places for us if we couldn't find lodging there. I was impressed and touched by his kindness. We hope to stay there the next time we go back to the Sunshine Coast.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

This motel is a gem! Yes it's older, but so very clean. And I can't say more about the family that runs it. So friendly, kind and good natured. Was exactly what we were looking for. I believe ever room has a kitchen. Full stove, apartment size fridge and all the plates cutlery etc. Ask for a room with a view, the beach is right across the street. Sunset is beautiful. They have a BBQ you can use as well. Amazing service, and good value!

• Stayed August 2012
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We were working a contract in the area and my boss suggested this place. I loved it! Sure, it's an older establishment, but the owner is very courteous and the rooms were very clean. You are literally across the street from a great beach with a pier to go crabbing from. If you are used to 5-star hotels, this is not the place for you. But if you want to feel comfortable, like you are visiting an old friend, then definitely come here. I would suggest the front rooms, which are bigger and afford an excellent view. I went to a couple of places in the area to look for rooms, and this one was my favorite for the price by far.

Room Tip: Rooms up front have the best view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Blue Sky Motel? Share your experiences!