The location is GOLD for this motel. The staff are polite and pleasant.The motel is very old which could be ok if the place had been updated on a regular basis over the years. This isn't the case here.We've been here before and haven't really noticed the cosmetic updates that apparently have been done.. The location is so good, right by the beach and a couple of blocks to the downtown Sechelt stores.The rooms themselves at this time of year are unbearably hot with no air conditioning and a cheap fan provided, most of which didn't work properly. This meant that everyone left their door and window wide open all night in order to sleep. No one was able to enter and stay in the rooms until late at night. The rooms only cooled down marginally and this meant that people were sitting on the upper walkway and in the parking lot until very late at night chatting and perhaps drinking a cold one. We were told, when we asked, that the chance of air conditioning being done is nil because the place is too old. The beds are ok, bathrooms are hot and steamy even with a ceiling vent fan.We go for the car show and this was the same situation as last year. Some of our group has stayed here five or more years and they say it's pretty much the same. There is not a lot of choice as there is very limited options downtown. As a group we've decided to skip next year as there are several other car shows in beautiful locations near larger facilities. Perhaps a different (cooler) time of year would be ok , especially if you love to walk or sit right by the ocean and still be close to some interesting shops. Wonder what will happen when all the apartments in the newly built condo next door are sold. bet they won't like the noise of people sitting outside until late at night. The place is not overpriced for the excellent location but it is overpriced for the extreme discomfort and inconvenience in hot weather.
- Also Known As:
- The Driftwood Hotel Sechelt
- The Driftwood Hotel
- The Driftwood Inn Sechelt, Sunshine Coast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Driftwood Inn is centrally located in Sechelt, the heart of the Sunshine Coast. We are on the waterfront only a few feet away from the beach. We offer a variety of rooms including standard doubles and king rooms plus waterfront rooms and suites. Our restaurant named Pebbles serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and specializes in west coast cuisine. We also have a meeting/function room that can seat up to 55 persons. We are close to shopping, banks and many recreational activities in the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Driftwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.