Don't stay the first weekend of June as its a Golf Classic Weekend. You will be surrounded by loud drunk men will little concern for other guests and an on site manager who turns a deaf ear to the noise. The walls are paper thin, so you hear everything going on in the next room. Rooms are non smoking so everyone smokes in the breezeway and if they start talking it only echos, course you wont be able to open your window between the noise and smokers. Not that those 20+yr old windows offer much insulation from the talking, car door slamming etc.
Made the mistake of eating breakfast and even within the city its known as a place not to eat breakfast at least (unsure about other meals didnt even want to attempt other meals there.) Ours ended up sitting under the heat lamp for who knows how long.
Our room was near the maid laundry which made showering interesting when a load of laundry was going. Crave a hot shower only to get blasts of cold.
No A/C but an old small fan. The room does get stuffy and the weather was an average spring day (high teens low 20's) During the day found having the door open would give the breeze needed.
The room was alrightly cleaned nothing spectacular. More attention to detail was needed. Spider webs and not just some little thing either.
Customer service isnt their strong suit. Even your complaints fall on deaf ears. Will NOT stay there again. Wish I had investigated hotel more before booking.
The location is great you are a stone throw from the water. (Select rooms are water view) With a walk path in front of the hotel. Close to stores.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Driftwood Inn is centrally located in Sechelt, the heart of the Sunshine Coast. We are on the waterfront only a few feet away from the beach. We offer a variety of rooms including standard doubles and king rooms plus waterfront rooms and suites. Our restaurant named Pebbles serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and specializes in west coast cuisine. We also have a meeting/function room that can seat up to 55 persons. We are close to shopping, banks and many recreational activities in the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Driftwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Driftwood Hotel Sechelt
- The Driftwood Inn Sechelt, Sunshine Coast