“Where Dreams Come True ….” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Tuwanek Hotel

You added The Tuwanek Hotel to your Saves list
The Tuwanek Hotel
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   7545 Islet Place, Sechelt, British Columbia BC V0N 3A4, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 28 Sechelt B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, BC
“Where Dreams Come True ….”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

When my boyfriend suggested we go to the Tuwanek for the weekend I couldn’t have been more excited. I had been once before for a bridal shower and LOVED it. This time we stayed in the Africa Queen room. With its luxurious furnishings and French doors into the bathroom with a grand claw-foot tub, the room was truly inspired. We awoke on Saturday and spent time before breakfast enjoying the breathtaking ocean view from the private balcony off our room. Krista’s breakfasts, served in the room, are extraordinary. She produced quite possibly the best Eggs Benedict I have ever tasted, along with fresh baked scones and a fruit salad. The next five hours were spent in the resort spa, which is housed in a quaint and cozy cabin adjacent to the resort. Sharon, who runs the spa and performs the services, is amazing. I would highly recommend her facials; they beat out even the facialisicous at Skoah! After being pampered to an almost guilty state, we headed back to our room, lit a fire, and enjoyed the picnic dinner we had brought with us (each room has a mini fridge and microwave). I thought that the experience could not get better and then my boyfriend proposed! It was the perfect setting – I can’t imagine a more beautiful and romantic place for it to happen. I would HIGHLY and unequivocally recommend this boutique resort and I look forward to going back on a regular basis.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
brackendale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

When I was planning a little getaway for my husband's '40th' birthday. I wanted something romantic and googled 'Romantic Getaways' after a couple of hours on-line I booked at Tuwanek. The sunshine coast is only a short time away and feels like home in a way. Tuwanek lived up to our expectations in every way, views, romantic settings, 5 star breakfasts and little details, even down to the assortment of herbal teas. Thank you both Chris and Krista and Sharon.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

Ahhhhh.... what a weekend! Wonderful, relaxing space. Loved every minute- the room, the food, the service, the spa, the view, the private chef dinner- tough to beat for next year's birthday! I have been to many spas and this one was superb. Small, intimate and cozy, I felt totally rejuvenated afterward. Highly recommend this great getaway to anyone looking for some R&R.

• Liked — the spa and our room
  • Disliked — that we couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed February 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

The moment we arrived we felt welcome and at home. The room was luxurious and the view was amazing. Chris and Krista treated us like royalty on our special weekend. I arranged a spa for my wife, she said it was the best one she's ever had. I highly recommend the Tuwanek Hotel, you will remember your vist for a lifetime.

Will and Sylvie

• Liked — Excellent service, luxury accomodation
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Maple Ridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

What an amazing experience. I originally booked the getaway for my fiancee's birthday in September 2008. Unfortunately her youngest son, who is severely handicapped ended up with pneumonia, then had hip surgery a month later ending up in a full body cast for six weeks. So we had to keep postponing the trip. Chris was excellent, patient and understanding. I finally said, come hell or high water, we are getting away for Valentine's Day. He booked us in. I had to work a full day on the Friday, so we caught the 7 pm ferry out of Horseshoe Bay, arriving at Gibson's at 8 p.m. Well, it was very dark and I had not been over there for absolute ages. It took us an hour and I kept phoning them with questions, "where do I turn? Did I miss it?" Again, with great patience on Chris' part, we finally found it. To top it all off, whether it was stress or a touch of flu, my fiancee just wanted to climb into bed when we got there.
AND what a bed it was. King sized heaven. Soft, warm, like sleeping on the clouds. Waking up in the morning to such a serene quiet was awesome. Walking out onto the deck off of the Casablanca room, we watched three otters playing on the end of the boat in the inlet through the telescope in the room. Then Krista brought us an excellent, delicious breakfast. I can't even describe it, fruit, oats, cottage cheese, just delish! I'm hoping she'll email me the recipe. The rest of breakfast just got better and the little extras like, chocolates for Valentines Day was so sweet. Sunday morning, the poached eggs were superb.
The room is huge, classy, elegant and warm. The bathroom is gigantic and if I ever build another house, I'm putting in a shower like that one. WOW !
The games room, the movie room, the computer available if you just can't help yourself and have to connect. The spa onsite is great. My fiancee received her first massage along with a mini-facial and foot treatment. What a wonderfully romantic, delight.
PS: Their dog, Lexie, was out front Saturday morning and took us for a walk around the neighbourhood. The look she gave us, was "well, are you coming or not?" Who could resist?
Like their brochure says, come as guests, leave as friends. The hug goodbye said it all. I simply can't wait to be able to go again. I'm telling all my friends about it. And I'd love to rent one of the cabins to take the kids another time too.

• Liked — Krista and Chris, the food, the bed, the view, the shower
  • Disliked — having to leave
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

I didn't stay at the hotel, but I did drive up to their spa - twice!
The owners were very friendly & welcoming - they truly care about each person's experience. Sharon (in the spa) was the same - a beautiful warm soul who really pays attention to your needs.
I had a massage and a facial - loved all the products they used.
I will definitely go back on my next trip to Sechelt and have recommended this place to many of my friends - its in a beautiful peaceful location.
And, for people who are busy - the ability to book appts on the website is fantastic.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sechelt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2008

Tuwanek Hotel takes care of evedrything. Attention to detail and personal service was 10/10. The 'spa house' made me feel pampered and spoiled, Sharon is amazing. I wish everyone had a chance to go here.

I've been back many times to the spa. I send as many people there to bask in the great service and experience.

• Liked — Rooms, spa & games room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Tuwanek Hotel? Share your experiences!