“A jewel on the BC coast.” 5 of 5 stars

7545 Islet Place, Sechelt, British Columbia BC V0N 3A4, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 29 Sechelt B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hampshire
“A jewel on the BC coast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

The Tuwanek hotel is fabulous! Luxuirous and set in a beatiful location. The owners are fantastically helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. Even if you don't maage to get to stay at the hotel make sure you visit their spa as Sharon is an excellent therapist! So good we went to see her twice in one week.
You will meet Lexie the dog who makes friends with all holiday makers and adds that special addition to the holiday. Keep up the good work guys!

• Liked — Clean, spacious
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Nanaimo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2008

I flew over on a sea plane from Nanaimo, after a thank god its friday week at work. I awoke to the wave lapping on the shore. Lexie and I went for a walk on the beach. I met Sharon for the first time....Chris and Krista made a good choice for their day spa, She seems to fit right in to the ambeiance of the place . I had the full body massage, a lovely 60 minutes. She used some of the Eminence Spa products on my face. Later that day I was thinking wow my skin, I have to check that stuff out. On Sunday I booked a Thermo Stone Massage. I was very intrigued on the full body concept because I had only had it done on my forearm 2 1/2 years ago and my wrist feels amazing after many years of it being over stressed and painful. Well it was amazing again. Sharon explained how it works and were the stones were placed and why..... I asked a lot of questions during the front massage but by the time she worked on my back i was so relaxed i actually zone out for a few winks..which says a lot for Sharon...I don't know how to relax very willingly. I bought the Eminence Stone Crop Collection and am using the masque as I type......Chris Krista and Sharon I will be back soon! Lexie save a walk on the beach for me!

Stayed July 2008
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

We have just returned to our small town and still feel the peace and serenity of the luxury 5 star Tuwanek Hotel that we discovered. We felt so incrediabily lucky to have come across such an awesome place. We had the extreme pleasure of meeting some of the finest people in the world. The hospitality was delightful. From the moment we walked into the room we felt we had arrived in paradise. From the extravagent king size bed where I slept through the night for the first time in years to the walk in shower and the lavish bath tub , the soft bath robes, the slippers, the private deck, I knew my stay would be complete. We have stayed in resorts before but nothing can compare with what we discovered. The 2 course hot breakfast was delivered to your room at a time that you set was extraordinary. The theatre room where you get to choose the movies was so much fun and an adventure in itself. Helping yourself to the treats provided just added to the adventure. The oceanfront hot tub was an awesome experience as the stars came out and the water rose up to greet you. You had many choices as to where you could sit and read. We were never bothered by anyone and had the privacy that we desired. When I look back on the photos it almost seems like a dream. I slept, read, watched movies and let the stress of everyday life and work wash away. I feel I would not have enjoyed my stay without this next experience ...they have a SPA on site. A replica of the hotel is right next door. I had the pleasure of "At the Waters Edge Massage" and "Classic Manicure". My husband had the "Thermo Stone Massage". We have had many many massages and this was the ultimate massage experience for the both of us. Normally when I have a massage I knew when it was going to be over and I was always wanting more...well I got more and more and the best part was I didn't have to get dress and drive home. It came complete with a refreshing drink of your choice at the end. A beautiful Sharon is top notch in her profession. She made the experience a highlight of my trip. The rejuvenation that we felt after will stay with us for a long time or until we can go back to feel this unique, exquisite experience once again! I would recommend the TUWANEK Hotel to any traveller that wants to experience a little piece of heaven.

• Liked — fantastic view from room, super hosts, great bed, excellent
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Strathmore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

My husband and I have stayed at the Tuwanek Hotel on numerous occasions and we will go back again and again! We will never tire of the warm inviting atmosphere, the scrumptious breakfasts and the local area.

I am a diver and Chris has taken me on more than a few awesome dives. The West Coast offers some of the most spectacular diving on the planet. Both my husband and I enjoy hiking and kayaking and we have had some great outdoor adventures while staying at the Tuwanek Hotel.

Last but not certainly not least, Krista and Chris are the most accomodating and gracious hosts that you will ever meet! They are fun to be with, very knowledgeable about the area and serve up delicious breakfasts! I can't say enough enough about this truly wonderful spot - you will not be disappointed!

T & M
Strathmore, Alberta

Stayed April 2007
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

If you are looking for a great relaxing get-away weekend we can highly recommend the Tuwanek Hotel. My husband and I keep going back since we discovered this place last summer.

It's one of the few places we can really sleep ... the bed is great and we can leave the windows open and not hear traffic or sirens! It's quiet.

They have two large old movie-themed rooms, though our personal favourite is "the African Queen" because it has the most amazing over-sized shower with sprayers that's just wonderful.

The owners, Chris and Krista, always go out of their way to make sure we enjoy the facilities ... including the game and movie room downstairs. The breakfasts are delivered to the room every morning at the time we request, and the sunset from the balcony of the room is spectacular. (I usually bring a really nice bottle of wine to enjoy while watching the tide slowing come in.)

I had a fabulous pedicure at the on-site spa and my husband also indulged in the hot tub and had a massage. So, all in all, a truly relaxing weekend.

• Liked — The View and the Bed and the Quiet and the Breakfast!
  • Disliked — The stairs.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

At the end of our a 5 day stay at one of the cottages at the Tuwanek hotel we did not want to leave. The location is absolutely beautiful - quiet and peaceful, and not overrun by tourists. The At the Water's Edge Spa at the hotel offered a hot stone massage that was absolutely heavenly. The hosts, Chris and Krista, are super friendly and very helpful. This is the best place to both enjoy the great outdoors (we kayaked, swam, and mountain biked) and be pampered by a first class hotel. The location is remote enough that you feel you have "gotten away from it all"; but, the drive and ferry ride from Vancouver is less than 2 hours so very convenient. It's well worth the trip if you are looking for a quiet and luxurious place to rejuvenate your spirit.

• Liked — really clean and spacious, comfy bed
  • Disliked — we liked everything...
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

Where do you start. This is the most beautiful place we have stayed at. We spent a week in the Casablanca room and it was fabulous, breakfast in the mornings served to your room was fantastic. The view from our room was worth the price alone but all the extras are what make it all that much better. Thay have a on site spa and my wife is still in heaven. Kayaks, billards room, movie room, hot tub are only a few of the creature comforts. I have done alot of traveling over the years and this is the first time I have written a review for any Hotel/Motel/BB and it will be my last because I have found heaven. To our host Krista and Chris we want to thank you so much for your hospitality and kindness, everyting you suggested was well worth doing. If you need some time to relax and get back to what really matters this is the place for you.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — I cant think of one thing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Tuwanek Hotel? Share your experiences!