“Cozy Minimoon on a Grey Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Soule Creek Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Renfrew
Soule Creek Lodge
6215 Powdermain Rd, Port Renfrew, British Columbia V0S 1K0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Port Renfrew B&B and Inns
Victoria, Canada
“Cozy Minimoon on a Grey Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

A beautiful little natural resort really set away from it all. On top of a hill it has amazing views. A very nice place to come and relax after a hardy day of exploring. Get cozy in your yurt, go up to the lodge for a fanastic 3 course dinner, then take a soak in the hot-tub to rest your sore muscles.
Wake up the next morning for the filling and delicious breakfast. I wish we booked for than 1 night. The owners were really nice and hospitable and cooked superb meals.

The yurts were the cutest, with lots of character, and so cozy and romantic. The furnishings were very nice and the bed was comfy. The walls are very noise permeable as it is really a tent. The resort was very quiet, so no problems from the outside, but I was a bit worried about how much people could hear of us as I like my privacy; but there were other yurts more set away. I was really impressed by them having earplugs beside the bed because although I loved the sound of the rain on the yurt, my husband needs complete silence to sleep.

I was really impressed and I will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Booked Soule Creek Lodge on recommendations from Tripadvisor and friends and was not disappointed. Wanting to take advantage of some forecasted sunny days to take a quick road trip and explore the on Pacific Marine Drive, we broke up the trip with an overnight in Port Renfrew.

Booking on line was easy and when we arrived, we were told that we had been upgraded from a suite in the main lodge to one of their cabins. We found the cabin well equipped and very comfortable. Dinner at the restaurant was and excellent 3 course prix fixe menu. A good hot breakfast for both of us next day was included in the cost for the night.

Great spot for solitude and enjoying the fresh air and scenery. We enjoyed a spectacular sunset and overnight moonscape.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

What did this father, son and mom love about Soule Creek Lodge?

- Being welcomed warmly even though we didn't have a reservation.
- Setting foot in the cabin and wishing there was cell service so we could call in sick to work.
- Watching the evening clouds roll in and dance the night away with the sunset.
- Stretching our weary bones on the inviting patio chairs.
- Relocating to the luxurious living room leather couch.
- Being 6'4" and able to stand comfortably under a fabulous shower.
- Tucked in under top quality linens for a night of pure silence.
- Delicious hot breakfast. If I only have bacon once a year, let it be at Soule Creek Lodge.

Relax, you are in for a warm welcome, lovely experience, great food, and awesome memories!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SouleMan, Manager at Soule Creek Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
it was a pleasure to have your family stay with us. it's so nice to have people stay with us that get what we are. Now that you know where we are we hope to see you again.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I first stumbled across Soule Creek Lodge when I was in Port Renfrew ready to hike the West Coast Trail last August. I had booked a place online because it offered a kitchenette and which I thought would be useful for final food preparations, but in real life it didn't seem as advertised. Determined to have a nice place to stay after the West Coast Trail, I sought out other options in Port Renfrew and followed the Soule Creek Lodge signs up the hill from the road. Stopping in completely unannounced, I was greeted by one of the owners who was very friendly, told me about their dinners (mouth-watering to say the least!), and confirmed when they had some availabilities around the dates I would be finishing the West Coast Trail.

A week later, on km8 on the WCT when I first got cell phone reception, I called Soule Creek Lodge and booked a night as well as dinner. Timing worked out really great, as the WCT Express leaves Bamfield around lunch, so I got into Port Renfrew around 5pm, had time to shower, and then just had to sit down for dinner. At first I was surprised that a special and more 'boutique' place such as this is so welcoming to the hikers. I had for some strange reason thought that a hotel owner might equate dirty hikers who've been on the trail for a week as a poor match for comfy white sheets, but that wasn't the case at all.

The shower was splendid and I always enjoy places that are unique, not like a typical hotel room that is the same no matter where you are. The owners have paid great attention to detail - beautiful stone and other materials, and the dispensers in the shower were convenient that you weren't dropping things all the time. The king bed was a real treat too - very, very comfortable, and very spacious to allow me to crash, pull out the laptop (although there is no cell phone reception, there is free wi-fi), so I was able to download photos and start e-mailing a few.

I had dinner with the other guests upstairs and this is definitely an evening that I will remember. It's so nice to be able to sit in your comfortable clothes, not have to wear shoes (didn't want to be in shoes after hiking for a week), and really be served a top-class meal. The salad how flower petals on it, the main course was delicious and filling, and the desert - well, just take a look at the photos :-). Totally worth it.

I'd also like to say thank you ago for the owner allowing me to dry out my tent over the balcony railing. While the weather had shown me some nice West Coast wetness, I appreciated not havving a soggy tent smell in my car for a 1,200km drive home. I'm sure that one day (hopefully within the next couple of years) I will return to hike the WCT again and will certainly be coming back to Soule Creek Lodge at that time.

Room Tip: All rooms are good! If you're looking for an impeccably clean place with some character, choose...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
SouleMan, Owner at Soule Creek Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. We love to have the West Coast Trail Hikers stay with us and share their adventure with our other guests around the dinner table. Hope you will return with weary hikers bones.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Our group of 15 needed a place to disconnect from the world and talk about what we do and how to improve. We were a capacity crowd so the place was all ours. This place is off the grid but amazing. From our perch we can see the start of the West Coast Trail and across to the most westerly tip of the continental United States. Truly a spectacular view the amazing sunsets that fall right into the Pacific. The atmosphere is rustic with the Yurts and the big house we converged in for meetings and meals. No Cell phone access so our presenters had our undivided attention. As rustic as it was, the culinary ability of owner, Tim Cash and his team really impressed our group of hoteliers. They are not licensed so be sure BYOB because the quality of the food does demand a great wine to accompany it. The place was comfortable and clean but the food was outstanding. Well done Tim and company.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SouleMan, Owner at Soule Creek Lodge, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure to host a work retreat of fellow hoteliers.
Just a note about being "off the grid". It does have that atmosphere and there is no cell service but we are on the grid and we do have Wi-Fi available in the lodge and all the regular amenities one would expect.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Over the Easter long weekend we took a trip to the Port Renfrew area. We were staying at a different hotel and we spend the day hiking in the area. After building up quite the appetite, we decided to go the local pub for dinner. To our utter surprise, the pub, the only restaurant in town, had ran out of food! A local suggested we drive up to Soule Creek Lodge for dinner. When we got there, we rang the doorbell and were greeted by an employee. We asked where the location of the restaurant was and he told us that he only has a licence to serve his guests and that he could not serve us. We were hungry and out of luck, the general store was closed and there was no food in Port Renfrew! We explained our predicament and although we were not even his guests, the gentleman was concerned and determined to solve our problem. In the end he made us a delicious ham sandwich and gave a bag of Tostitos (all at no cost).
If an employee was willing to show this type of outstanding customer service to a non guest, I can only imagine the service they provide to people staying there. I was very impressed and I am definitely going to stay here in the future. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SouleMan, Owner at Soule Creek Lodge, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. The employee who helped you is actually one of the owners. This time of the year it is a challenge for the restaurants to remain stalked and staffed. We hope that in the future we can accommodate you for a proper dinner and overnight stay.
Denman Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed Saturday night March 23rd at Soule Creek Lodge and had a great experience. We were traveling with another couple and rented the Kanata and Bayview Suites in the main lodge
ahead of time and also reserved for dinner. The suites were spacious with very comfortable beds and nice ensuite bathrooms. Our Kanata suite had a king sized bed and ensuite with shower. The Bayview had a queen bed and ensuite with bathtub and shower. Dinner was prepared by the trained chefs and owners Jon and Tim and was really special in the large community space on the top floor of the lodge with wonderful views. Breakfast the next morning included wild blueberry pancakes! Jon and Tim go out of their way to give impeccable service and to answer any questions about the area in general. We did not use the hot tub out back on the lovely deck because the night was quite chilly. The lodge is quiet, a place to escape from the frantic pace of 21st century life. The road up to the lodge is gravelled well and not that difficult to climb, and once you arrive at the lodge you're glad you made the effort. We only wish we could have planned for another day and night there.

Room Tip: The lodge rooms are very quiet, and the beds are very comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for coming. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at Soule Creek Lodge and please tell your friends and family.

Been to Soule Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!