“Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
“Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I always worry about whether I will like the food when going somewhere I have never been before, but it was good and I had no need to worry! I really like the Friday evening menu specifically as it has steak, which i only treat myself to now and then due to calorie content, so I was chuffed that it was on the menu!

Visited March 2012

Port McNeill, Canada
“Slow Service, Satisfactory Soup!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

A friend and I visited this place on a saturday evening, even though we were one of only two groups dining the service was still very slow. My clam chowder was 'from-the-can' quality, which was dissapointing seeing as we were walking distance from the ocean. also, halfway through our meal another group arrived and they were seated right next to us which was kind of offputting seeing as there was a whole restaurant to take up.

Visited January 2013
Vancouver BC
“Reasonable & we'd go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Food good as was the service. It's Pt McNiell so don't expect upscale but all in all very good. Large portions & very tasty.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cheshire
“Basic Fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We only ate here on ome occassion. There were large portions, good service but very basic. The beef was tough and the view was over the fish docks of Port Mceill, certainly not the northern lights. We were advised to ask for a window seat - goodness knows why.We wouldn't go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Port McNeill
“Thank you Northern Lights Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Once again we enjoyed a delicious dinner at our favourite restaurant in Port McNeill !! It was very busy but our server took such good care of us. The meals are presented so nicely and my plate was full. I had chicken souvlaki with grilled vegetables, rice, baked potato & some french fried onions on the side. Our vegetarian friends were impressed by the many choices and we all loved the homemade buns by multi-talented Chef Phil. Hands down the best part was the featured dessert "deep fried ice-cream." Heavenly :) With drizzled chocolate & whipped cream it was amazing. We shared 2 between five of us and there wasn't a drop left. It was one of those perfect nights with great food & great friends. Thanks you Northern Lights Restaurant...

• Visited September 2012