“Quiet, quaint and relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Village Motel

and 1 more site!
You added The Village Motel to your Saves list
The Village Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   244 Robinson Ave | PO BOX 194, Naramata, British Columbia V0H 1N0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Naramata
“Quiet, quaint and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I are athletes and we compete in the Ironman triathlon in Penticton. Finally, we have found a quiet, quaint and relaxing venue for the week before our big event. We stayed in August 2011 and will stay again in August 2012. Ulrich and Shirley are very pleasant people and always willing to help. The rooms are clean and very comfortable with good cooking utilities for the home cooked meals. We LOVE the BBQ area, sunny and inviting. This year we are bringing with us several friends to join us in our stay. From us, the Village Motel comes highly recommended and is great value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
san diego,CA,USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

stayed again summer of '11, same first-class service, delightful hosts and ambiance,
naramata is not to be missed and this is your best bet for accomodation there

Room Tip: best room are nb 8 or 9
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

In the heart of tiny Naramata village, good base for wineries and other local activities. Old-style small motel around a courtyard with plants, seating and bbqs. Rooms are small, clean and comfortable. Excellent value and we'd stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Langley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

This was my first stay at The Village Motel and my experience was terrific. The owners (Shirly and Alrich) were more than accomidating and the rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. Each unit surrounds a beautiful little courtyard with tables and umbrellas where you can relax. There are kitchens if you wish to do your own cooking or a couple nice spots near to eat out. If your looking for a clean quiet place near a winery or 30...this is the right place. Penticton is a short drive away if you want to shop. Ted / Cheyrl - we will be back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I was here with Family in May 2010. We occupied multiple rooms and everyone was VERY happy at the village motel. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are spotless and comfortable. I recommend the Village Motel and Naramata if you want a quiet getaway.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

We had stayed at a number of other facilities in the area, but The Village Motel is our favourite and we can't think of staying anywhere else now. The atmosphere is very relaxed and welcoming. The rooms are clean and tidy, and updated every year. We find we have everything we need and more (That's saying a lot because I'm a 'neat freak'). I like making some of my own meals and the cooking facilities and BBQ are perfect. The motel is close to the market, the store, the spa, the beach(es), coffee, .... The wineries are also close by and it's okay to ask for recommendations about anything and everything. The garden /courtyard is a great place to hang out and read, surf the internet or just enjoy the scenery.
I recommend this venue to anyone I know visiting the Okanagan, and my only fear is that tons of people 'discover' it and make it difficult for me to get a booking.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

My partner and I stayed here over the Thanksgiving Long Weekend in Ocotober.
We found the owner to be very snoopy and he proved to be a real invasion of our privacy.
He constantly patrolled the grounds, and made us feel uncomfortable on our getaway. Additionally, he was rude and confrontational when an accident occured in our tiny room.
I cannot recommend this place to anyone and will visit this region again but will definetly not stay here. I would recommend the Sandy Beach Resort instead. Save yourself the indignaty of putting up with this individual.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Village Motel? Share your experiences!