“Perfect Wedding Venue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of NV Mountainview Chalets & RV Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McBride
NV Mountainview Chalets & RV Resort
You added NV Mountainview Chalets & RV Resort to your Saves list
5306 Highway 16, McBride, British Columbia V0J 2E0, Canada   |
McBride, Canada
“Perfect Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

We had our wedding here this weekend and it couldn't have been more perfect! Lots of cabins and RV pull throughs. The gazebo is huge and with the fire pit and tons of seating beside it everyone had a wonderful time even with all the rain!!!

10 km from Mcbride made driving into town easy if we needed anything. No complaints.

Looking for a beautiful, relaxed wedding venue? Check this place out!! You can't beat NV Mountainview Chalets & RV Resort

Room Tip: Lots of options when choosing a cabin. Be sure to tell the front desk exactly what your looking for...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We arrived with our camper and did not need any hookups but that was not an option. We were told that we had to pay for power/sewer/water and that we could basically find a spot. The spots are not clearly marked and when we did park, the power did not work at the spot we chose. The girls at the desk were not well-informed. Everything went through Dad who is busy running other businesses out of the campsite - several pieces of heavy equipment parked around the campground and cattle in pens - felt like we were staying in an industrial part of McBride. There were no outdoor washrooms for campers. This place is a cash grab and they only want your money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

just wanted to share with everyone how much i enjoyed this getaway. my boyfriend took me here for my birthday! i loved the cute cabins with great view! we spent the weekend here and i would highly recommend this place to all of my friends. we stopped by mcbride and stayed in McBride. but there’s no place in McBride to compare to nv mountainview. and this is the only place i would stay at in the valley. if you haven’t bin there yet GO! very organized place, hot tub was great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

hello, I normally don’t do this but i thought i would make an exception. We stopped by nv mountainview chalets and rv resort Friday night and we where there for the weekend. We absolutely loved it! hot tub, sauna. Laundry on site! We got a room with a flat screen! very beautiful cabins, nicely decorated, and organized. There hospitality was just what this place needs. Its run by a family who takes great care of the place. Cabins where clean and we WILL be back AGAIN!

Room Tip: we just simply loved this place! and im sure you will too.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Williams Lake, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I should have paid attention to reviews written previous to may stay. Many of the complaints reviewers had a year and a half ago are the same ones I experienced! There seems to have been no improvements made upon the place in the time passed. I was checked into our cabin by a child. A little odd, but I understand it is a family run business. As we made ourselves more "comfortable" in the room, the idyllic scene began to fall apart...
- black mould in the freezer (!)
- a disaster of a mess in the microwave
- broken phone
- no fireplace (as their website would suggest)
- NOISY cot-like beds on wheels
- insect eggs in the kitchen
- no dish soap in the kitchen to clean dishes before (was necessary) and after we used them
- coffee, but no coffee maker
- broken chair in the dining room
- shower head is waist high
I would have complained to the desk, but we made these reservations two weeks ago. This was the way the room was prepared when they were expecting us! I can't imagine the state of a cabin without advance notice of stay. Plus, the phones were down, so I would have had to haul two kids out in the rain to the office.
In the morning, we were ready to check out at 8am. I was prepared to discuss a few concerns with the owner (primarily the mould), but the office was closed. Another cabin already dropped their keys on the ground in front of the door so I did the same. I guess this is their strategy for avoiding feedback. With the past feedback I have been reading, they don't seem to be overly concerned with that.
I'd love to support what appears to be a family business, but my business transaction was done with a child. There was no adult following up with me in my room to ensure I was having a comfortable stay. Feels a little unprofessional...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would agree with the mixed bag of reviews on this page. In some ways this place is great (cabins, view, price), but in others it is disappointing (customer service, maintenance of grounds, strange set-up of hot-tub/ sauna/ shower unit etc...). If you are looking for an affordable cabin retreat close to McBride with great mtn views and are willing to put up with some eccentricity, this place is great, if not, I would recommend something else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

i stopped by nv mountainview about a week back, my friends told me about it. they encouraged me to stop by saying that it was a "great place" i must say after reading these reviews i wasn't thinking twice about going until, my family was driving by and they stopped by. i wasn't to happy that they picked this place but i came along into the office. we checked in and headed to our cabin. it was dark outside so i couldn't see much of the place. the cabin was in great condition, first thing i checked where the beds which where clean! i ended up with the hida bed in the living room which was a little unconformable i must say, but for the price.. it was still good, it was a great cabin! clean, well dusted as i am a clean freak! the cabin looked in perfect shape! as soon as we had breakfast i headed outside to take a look around the place. the view was incredible! and the air astonishing! not what i see from my penthouse. as i walked the area i noticed some children playing at the entrance i stopped by to speak to one of them and they said " i don't speak English" i considered that strange and walked into the office looking for someone and found the same woman siting in the office. i walked up and asked about the children. as i thought it was rude to portend not to speak English. the woman at the office explained to me that, that family just immigrated into Canada,....... which made perfect cents. i apologized for being so noisy as we chatted with the nice young woman. i must say i was very impressed to find the place completely DIFFERENT then what i read about........ as soon as i got home i knew i had to let everyone know! again it was a GREAT PLACE will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to NV Mountainview Chalets & RV Resort? Share your experiences!