“A decent place to stay - nice owners.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Victorian Motel and RV Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Forks
The Victorian Motel and RV Park
You added The Victorian Motel and RV Park to your Saves list
6451 Highway #3 East, Grand Forks, British Columbia V0H1H9, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Grand Forks
Surrey, Canada
“A decent place to stay - nice owners.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Although this is an older motel, and it's right on the highway, we found it to be very adequate for accommodation. We did not notice the highway traffic at all. It's a quiet, peaceful place to stay. The only window that opened in our unit was the bathroom, so it was a bit stuffy. We were able to open the bathroom window though. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We booked this place based on trip-visor recommendations and we got more than expected. We are traveling as a family and we stopped in Grant Forks for one night. When we checked in and the owners learned it was me and my wife's anniversary, they gave us an extra room for free so the kids can stay in one unit and we stayed in another.

The neatness and interior come with the name :-)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the the Victorian Motel and RV Park for one night in July 2010 after a long day's drive from Cranbrook. It was a case of we needed somewhere to break up our journey to Hope. We made arrangements with Karen and Lawrence by email prior to leaving the UK and they were very swift at responding to my queries. We also got a $5 discount for mentioning their website which was a bonus!

Upon arrival we met Karen and got checked in smoothly and shown to our room. The room was very clean, but basic. It wasn't a match to the hotel's and B&B's we'd stayed in, but it was better than we expected it to be. The room did have a TV in it, but the picture quality was quite poor and snowy. Also there were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room which I thought there would have been.

Wi-Fi access was available, but for some reason I couldn't connect. It was probably just my old laptop but it's possible our room was just out of range.

My parents and I did a similar road trip in 1990 to the one we did in 2010, and Grand Forks was not quite how I remembered it. The town seemed quite run down in places, very quiet and not many eating establishments. Perhaps we didn't look hard enough for somewhere to eat! Karen and Lawrence had guests over for a BBQ the evening we arrived and we didn't want to disturb their evening by asking a load of questions, although I know we could have done and perhaps we should.

The only negative for me about our stay here was the bed. I was suffering with a bit of a bad back at the time and the bed wasn't conducive for a good nights sleep for me. As such my back was worse the following morning. Not the owners fault as many of the reviewers of this motel have had great stays here and beds are quite a personal thing. Some beds suit one person but not another.

On the whole I would recommend this motel as it was very clean, spotless in fact, but probably just if you need a short stop over. Personally, and just because of the bad nights sleep we had, we probably wouldn't stay here again. Having said that, it's unlikely we'll be passing through Grand Forks for a long, long time anyway! It was 20 years since our last visit through the town so it could be another 20 years!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Karen and Lawrence were great hosts. The rooms were clean and more then met our needs for the weekend!!! We hope to be back again another winter!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
grannier, Owner at The Victorian Motel and RV Park, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Thanks so much for the review. We enjoyed having you as our guests and look forward to seeing you at future dog sled races in Grand Forks.
Moscow, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I arrived just after crossing the border right before midnight, luckily they had a vacancy. Room was spartan in the best sense of the term, cozy and very very clean. I got in to my room, took a shower, (no bathtub in my room) and got in the bed and turned on the tv, just happy to be back in Canada. Slept like a baby. Beautiful country around here, next time I am in the Kootenays I will be staying herr.

• Stayed October 2010
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Going over the Bonanza (Blueberry Paulson) pass we took a break at the summit (1535 m). When we tried to start our RV (a converted city bus called "The Bus") nothing......nothing started. Uh oh, dry-camping at 5000 feet was not in our bucket of dreams. She did start after a bit of persuasion and we limped into Grand Forks in hopes of finding a mechanic the next day. The owner, Lawrence, of the Victorian Motel and RV Park, smiled and quietly announced his trade as a heavy duty mechanic. The next day, true to his word, he and my husband, Billy, performed miracles. Voila, she starts !
A big thanks to the hospitality and kindness of the Victorian Motel and RV Park. We will always stop and stay. Not only friendly are these people but quickly reach out to help when it's needed. A sweet find, quiet, by the river and very close to the famous borscht town.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Karen and Larwence are simply the best.We arrived on our bike &wanted to go to town for some dinner.Only cab in town was not available so Larwence drove us and and picked us up. Room just sparkled and when we ran out of propane he let us use theirs. Gave us a 5% discount cause we came on our bike, We just couldn't believe they would do that for us. We chose their motel because of the reviews I saw on this site. We were sitting outside talking with a local and there before us a deer came walking right by. Wonderfulplace. Please give it a try
Kelley and Rob Sherwood Park, Alberta

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Victorian Motel and RV Park? Share your experiences!