As you will quickly learn, the owner of the place is very involved in daily management and making sure everyone is happy, and he clearly enjoys what he does. Tucked in the middle of nowhere, but remotely close to bigger towns (45 min away from Sechelt), its a great feeling of responsibilities lifted. No cell service and very spotty Wifi (i didn't consider this a bad thing on the trip). When we arrived, we were greeted by our host and then show to our oceanside view room. It was spectacular, just all from the view alone. The room itself is very average at best, lower end finish out. Bathroom was nice and updated, but water pressure was poor. And no Air Conditioning. All of this sounds not good, but it amazingly all worked perfectly for the location. At night, it cools off enough with windows open to sleep perfectly. Good sized LCD tv for a little tv watching if you need to. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept in a long time. It was also my best night sleep in years. We stayed active during the day with Hiking, Kayaking, boat tours etc... We also enjoyed a nice patio at the restuarant or at the marina restuarant with some good local brews on tap. Food was also very good at both restuarants. Inlets was nicer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Coast Wilderness Lodge resort brings first-class adventure, fine dining and luxury accommodations to the laid-back Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. Come experience the crisp salt air and breathtaking views of the Pacific Northwest -- at a place where every day is filled with romantic moments and unforgettable memories. Simple luxury on Nature's doorstep -- unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your West Coast Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Coast Wilderness Hotel Egmont
- West Coast Wilderness Egmont