“Everything” 5 of 5 stars
Review of West Coast Wilderness Lodge

You added West Coast Wilderness Lodge to your Saves list
West Coast Wilderness Lodge
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6649 Maple Road, Egmont, British Columbia V0N 1N0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Egmont
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place has it all. The neat little town of Egmont is a great setting for a nice mixture of romance, relaxation, and adventure.The Views are amazing, the facility is gorgeous and the views alone are worth every penny! I will be returning, hopefully soon!

Room Tip: Ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
North Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

While I am not sure if this lodge quite fits the bill of glamping....glamorous camping...my guess is that it would likely apply. The setting is lovely and nature is all around. The views are exceptional. We watched eagles soar and a bird chirping from 4 am right outside my window was a reminder that we were far away from the city. There are lots of trails and water activities to be enjoyed in the area. There was a spa there too but I didn't check it out. I did hear they offered wonderful hot stone massages.

While I didn't experience exceptional attention or service from staff, they were as friendly as one would expect at a remote resort.

The cabin/room I was in had an amazingly comfortable bed. In fact the bed was for me, the best feature of my room. The bathroom was functional but very small and I don't know if two people would be able to share the room I was in comfortably. Admittedly, I was probably in an entry priced room at the Lodge. You can also expect to be digitally disconnected there. No cell service and while the internet was suppose to work via wi-fi I could not get it to work. Not that anyone goes to a place like this to work...or should plan to! In fact there was no chair or desk in my room that would comfortably allow me to work anyway.

Food was very good but not exceptional in my view. I totally enjoyed my time there but doubt I will return. While I have always known that I am not a camper until now I didn't realize that I wasn't a glamper either. Having said that, if anyone asked if I would recommend the West Coast Wilderness Lodge I would say yes if they enjoyed a more rustic holiday than I, and were game to try out glamping.

Room Tip: If you make the trip to this somewhat distant destination consider paying extra for a room with a vi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Escape to a place where serenity and scenic beauty coexist....creating the perfect backdrop for a romantic getaway you will long remember. This is truly one of the most beautiful places I've been - and the staff and accommodations only enhanced the perfection offered by Mother Nature.

The rooms are lovely; the beds simply divine! The food is great and the patio simply can't be beat. Get yourself out here!

• Stayed June 2013
White Rock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have visited the lodge twice this year. We found that the staff were accommodating and the food was outstanding . Laying in in the morning enjoying the fabulous vista and the in room coffee is a great way to unwind from the rat race and spend time with the one you love.
During the day we hiked to the Skookumchuck and used the kayaks and bikes to explore what the beautiful Sunshine Coast has to offer.
We will definitely return to this gem again to unwind and relax.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We spent two nights at the West Coast Wilderness Lodge as part of a promotion the Lodge was running. As such we did not pay full price. Our experience was one of our best and we would not hesitate to return to this lodge.

We had an Oceanview Suite. The suite itself was ample size, a king size bed, easy chair, fire place, tv, and a private covered verandah with two very comfortable chairs. It was very clean and comfortable. The view from the room and the verandah were outstanding. We had an unobstructed view of the water, the channels, and islands. It was like complete isolation with less than a handful of cottages so far in the distance you couldn't make them out. The dining room had a similar view. We ate one dinner and two breakfasts there and the food was comparable to an upscale restaurant in Vancouver. The wine list had several surprises and at moderate prices. There were also a number of outdoor areas where one could sit, enjoy the fresh air, and have a drink. Unfortunately we had rain during our stay, but fortunately, one of the outdoor areas was covered and we enjoyed our afternoon refreshment while warm and completely dry.

The employees at the lodge and in the dining room were outstanding, attentive, polite, and interested in their guests.

There was only one negative, and that was the bathroom. My wife and a woman we were chatting with said they must have been designed by a man. There was a good size room off the bedroom which contained the bath tub and the sink and mirrors. There was a large opening, perhaps six feet by three, between this room and the rest of the suite. The tub was too low for the person in the bath tub to see the view, but the bather was in clear view of anyone in the room when they got in or out of the bathtub, or were doing their teeth or whatever at the lone sink. That was fine for us, but doubt if it would have worked so well for a mother and daughter, two friends, etc. travelling together. The toilet and the shower were in a separate closed off room. The shower stall was small, and for some strange reason, the shampoo/conditioner/soap dispensers were on a side wall rather than on the wall with the tap. As such, every time you moved, your shoulder brushed the shampoo/conditioner/soap dispenser and it crashed to the floor. When you leaned over to pick it up, the shower curtain got pushed out and there was water all over the bathroom floor. My one and only shower resembled a keystone cops episode. (So, next time I took a bath and my wife who is quite slim, and forewarned, took the shower.)

We loved the place and would not hesitate in recommending the West Coast Wilderness Lodge and an oceanview suite. We don't know so can't say about the other rooms and suites.

Room Tip: We can only speak for the oceanview suites. Any suite in the 600 block would be great. We can'...
Sechelt, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We took advantage of their off-season weekend special of 99.00 pp which included room, dinner and breakfast.
The room was excellent, the meal menus included salmon, red meat & chicken. We had the Filet and it was a-one. Breakfast was great and included seals frolicking in the Sechelt Inlet.
Excellent views and excellent wine list.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have a great view
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My guy and I enjoyed an incredible meal here while enjoying the stunning view designed for relaxing and romance experienced genuine service and had great personal attention from the owner. We came back the next day for breakfast and again were totally impressed with the deliciousness of the food. Planning a return trip to the Sunshine Coast just to stay here, and of course to ride those awesome twisty roads on our motorbikes.
Meredith,
Oden Gallery

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to West Coast Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!