“Great value for great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Backeddy Resort & Marina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Egmont
Backeddy Resort & Marina
You added Backeddy Resort & Marina to your Saves list
16660 Backeddy Road, Egmont, British Columbia V0N 1N0, Canada (Formerly Egmont Marina Resort)   |
Special Rate
CAD89 (CAD)
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Egmont
Gibsons, Canada
“Great value for great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here in an RV site with my immediate family in June, and in a two bedroom inn suite with extended family in July. We had really great customer service both times. In the first, my young son had wanted to watch the NHL playoffs and the restaurant tv had been moved to the pub. The owner (or manager?) made a point of bringing in a tv from his own home and personally notifying my family that there was now a tv set up in the restaurant for hockey viewing. Much appreciated!

In my recent stay, the staff (and the same fellow--Lyle--owner or manager or both?) took care of us well. The room was nicer than I thought it might be...lots of cozy comforters and pillows always make me feel good. I would stay here again. It is a great location, oceanside, and especially for showing out-of-town relatives the coast without having to rush all the way back to Gibsons on the same day.

Room Tip: I liked rv site #7, at the far end, which gave privacy on one side. We stayed in inn room 202, lots...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gibsons, BC, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Absolutely imperative to ask for & pay the extra for the wonderful, modern new cabins on the beach.
Great place to lie in bed & watch the boats & wildlife outside then pop into the pub for a beer or walk next door to the Westcoast Wilderness Lodge for fine dining or a glass of wine.
Management of the pub is a little lax & the pub food is NOT worthwhile but the stay in one of the two new cabins makes up for all the rest.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Sweet place to stay camping when kayaking at skooks

Fast wifi in doors was great for working whilst waiting for the wave.

Pub not open yet in week in April, but I had the had the skooks burger last time which was awesome.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed at Backeddys for one night in probably one of the older cabins, at least I hope so. Very run down and definitely not worth the 150 bucks we paid. Yes, the view and location are very awesome, no doubt. But the rest is worth not much. Wifi reaches maybe 10 feet from the reception but true we didn't need it. Very old bedding, creaking beds, old kitchenware some of which broken, broken furniture, one lamp for the entire room, no matches to light the fire and overall quite dirty. This cabin needs some updating for sure. Not recommend you stay there, especially with kids who want to crawl on the floor and play.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

It was everything that we were looking for, peaceful, quiet and beautiful! Service was excellent, I got an email beforehand about winter opening hours and it came as a nice surprise that when they had actually sold out the room type I had booked, they upgraded us to one of the newer cabins. Cabins were supersweet! Although without fireplace it would've been cold, but to us fireplace was just an added bonus. Pub food was excellent, went there for dinner and brunch. Location is good, secluded but still close to the Skookumchuck Narrows. And room prices are very reasonable! Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Maple Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Backeddy is a jewel. Absolutely gorgeous views, an amazing staff, cosy, clean and comfortable rooms. Stayed for two nights and spent some time planning to bring a larger group back in the fall. This is a rustic, West Coast getaway perfect for unplugging, rejuvenating and enjoying a peaceful retreat. There is just enough wifi to stay connected if you really have to, (but why?) and, oh yes, great food in the friendly pub. I stayed in one of the new cottages on the water and fell asleep to a crackling fire and a stunning sky full of stars, then saw daylight breaking over the water in the morning. My colleague stayed in one of the small cabins, which we renamed 'the magic cabin' as it was so sweet and cosy. It was a perfect weekend for us. Many thanks to Peter, Emily and Amanda who looked after us.

Room Tip: Accommodation choice really depends on the experience you want. The Backeddy has a range. I've s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sechelt, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'm a local to the Sunshine Coast and have been meaning to check this place out for a stay for a while now. I've been up a few times for a bite to eat or a beer, but this was my first time staying over night. The rate was excellent! The food was phenomenal! The view is perfection and the people are just the best! We're really looking forward to bringing more people out to this gem and enjoying more. I recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a change of pace, new people, and a different atmosphere.... It's the perfect place to bring family, friends or a special someone. I really can't wait to go back and am telling everyone about this awesome experience. I just hope I can get a room next time considering how many people I'm going to be telling!

Room Tip: If you can get one of the rooms on the waterfront I definitely recommend them. Waking up to that vi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Backeddy Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!