“Breathtaking views. Great people. Cozy rooms.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Backeddy Resort & Marina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Egmont
Backeddy Resort & Marina
You added Backeddy Resort & Marina to your Saves list
16660 Backeddy Road, Egmont, British Columbia V0N 1N0, Canada (Formerly Egmont Marina Resort)   |
Special Rate
CAD89 (CAD)
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Egmont
“Breathtaking views. Great people. Cozy rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011 via mobile

My wife wanted to take me to the Fairmont in Vancouver for my birthday. I'd heard about the BackEddy-- famous for the kayakers riding the Skookumchuck rapids. I'd take the BackEddy any day. A small marina, a big-city chef serving surprising food at this out-of-the-way pub filled with guests and locals mixing to create a special atmosphere. Had the Canucks won game 5 it would have been a perfect "10" weekend.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Marysville, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We just returned from our trip to British Columbia and had such a wonderful time at the Backeddy Resort I just wanted to let everyone know..Actually I thought about not saying anything and keeping this place my own little secret but decided that wouldnt be nice.
My boyfriend and I just loved our cabin (cabin 1). It has a patio overlooking the water with a table and chairs which is where we ate our meals ..watched eagles and the boats come and go. And at night the bed was so comfortable with its big down comforter We both agreed it was a great find and would love to go back. Our second day we took the tour up to Chatterbox Falls our captin Tim was very informative and fun..And Backeddy packed us a great sac lunch for the trip. Sandwhich, chips,soda,celery and carrots,brownies....It was perfect..We ate our lunch at the bottom on Chatterbox falls which was just beautiful.
One night we walked over to the Backeddy pub that is at the marina..They were getting ready to close I think it was about 10or 1030pm. But the waitress invited us in and asked if we wanted food or a drink she was more then happy to take care of us. We never felt rushed we had a drink and played some pool. And a very nice evening.
Everyone we met at the Backeddy was helpful and very nice pleasant people. The owners were very friendly and you felt at home and comfortable. We did not have one problem but I am sure if we had they would have taken care of them right away...I have been a travel agent for over 22 years and I give the Backeddy Resort two thumbs up.....and hopefully we can make it back again real soon..
We just couldnt have asked for a better place to stay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New Westminster, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

We rented a cabin at this resort which was clean, cozy and right on the water. The scenery is fantastics, the owners are friendly and helpful. The food in the Bar/Restaurant was fantastic as the owner has employed a gormet chef.

All in all it is a fantastic hideway, with plenty to do and see if your so inclined.
The only negative comment I have was the bar of soap in the shower was extremely tiny.

Sandra & Rick

P.S. The cabins are Pet Friendly and geared for families

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Duncan, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

Egmont is a small location, only two places to stay, if you have pets only the Backeddy Resort is for you.
Small run down cabins, claustrophobic shower stall, broken tiles around wood stove, filthy area carpet, burnt light bulbs, extremely dangerous rotting veranda around deck and plugged toilet with no plunger available.
Management likes to fully book it's property but does not care about regular upkeep, maintenance , customer satisfaction or customer return rate.
One ray of hope, very pleasant young lady at front office.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the Backeddy Resort and Marina, formerly the Egmont Marina Resort, during the May long weekend to visit with family and we had a great time. We stayed with them in one of the 8 rooms they have available in the inn and it was simple but very nice. The rooms were clean and all the staff at the resort were very friendly.

One of the things we really liked was that they had accommodation types to suit all sorts of people. They had an area that fit about 5 tent sites, an area below that fit about 7 RV sites, 8 rooms at the adorable inn, a marina and about another 8 private cabins that were very cute. We were able to get a tour of a 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom suite at the inn and also of one of the cabins and I would highly recommend staying in any of them. All were clean, rustic and very cute.

They also have a great pub! The food there was really, really good and we were told that most of it is made right there from scratch (even their french fries) or else sourced locally. For lunch one day we had the drunken prawn special that was made with prawns they'd bought that day right from the marina! They also have a large selection of local beers and my fiance really liked their Egmonster brew. The prices were very reasonable and the view from the pub looked out over the marina.

Unfortunately it rained most of the weekend but there were a lot of activities that could be done in the area. They have a kayak rental shop right there where you can kayak around the inlet, there are boat tours and a water taxi that operates at the marina, and there's a nice hiking trail to the Skookumchuck Narrows about 5 minutes away that was really beautiful.

If you are looking to get away and have a relaxing weekend on the gorgeous Sunshine Coast I would definitely recommend the Backeddy Resort.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We are a family of four - kids are 7 and 9. We really enjoyed our few nights at the Backeddy.

Yes, our cabin was small, but it offered a very imaginative layout with an efficient use of space. We all thought it was really cool and the kids loved the loft. It isn't the Marriot or the Hilton, but that's the point and in my mind, you're better off for it.

From the outside, the Pub looks like any other blue collar, small town west coast waterfront pub. However, the food is as good or better than that which I have had in some of Vancouver and Victoria's well known pubs. Seriously, the food is fantastic and they have a good selection of micro brewed beers.

The Backeddy offers a great view of the harbour and mountains and is a stones throw from the trail head to the Skookumchuck rapids.

I know the Backeddy recently changed ownership, so perhaps this place was without charm a few years ago when some other reviews were left. All I can tell you is that we had a great time and that the establishment and staff exceeded our expectations.

Thanks to the folks at the Backeddy!

Mica, Janice, Silas and Chloe

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Backeddy Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!