“Best Coffee of my Life!” 5 of 5 stars

(250) 784-0037
Website
Improve this listing
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Coffee of my Life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Having moved to Dawson Creek from Vancouver, one thing I really missed was having a coffee shop to go to, a real one. My friend dragged me in here (cupcakes, really?) and made me try their coffee. Its ground and brewed just for you, every time. I have yet to try their espresso drinks because the bean is the best! If you love a good dark roast you will LOVE their "Diablo" which is available every day, or if you like mediums that selection varies daily but I've always been happy with it.
As for their food, the cupcakes have a little too much icing for me, but you can always just take some off. I go for lunch. The sandwhiches are hand made with fresh ingredients (they roast the chicken and bake the bread in shop that morning) and their soups are amazing. If I can make it there, I go for their broccoli soup on wednesdays; always served with a different kind of little bun too!
And the 'icing on the cake' is they always play great music and the girls are super friendly and fun, definetly my coffee shop now. I miss Cups when I visit Vancouver, and brag about it to my friends!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dawson Creek, BC
“Best Sandwiches North of Hope”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Went for lunch here with a friend, who happened to order for me before I arrived. As a result I got a sandwich that I might not have otherwise picked- the Curried Chicken with Mango on oat bread. This was the best sandwich I have had in years. Bread was warm and soft with a crust that was just the right amount of chewy. Curry was flavorful and there were big chunks of real chicken. Forget your mom's Clubhouse or your dad's Denver. This is the best sandwich available in town. Price is very reasonable if that is all you are getting. If you add a cupcake (too sweet for my palate) or a speciality tea of coffee then your bill will be hefty.
Great atmosphere, with corners to sip coffee and read books or magazines as you watch the town pass by the windows. Now if we could only get them to add some classical music...

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dawson Creek, Canada
“Sweet Little Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is a really nice little cafe. The smell alone is enough to keep me coming back, but they also happen to make a great cup of coffee too! Although I don't eat sweets myself, I've seen a lot of smiling faces enjoying the beautiful cupcakes. The display of all the flavors is beautiful. It's baked art.
I like the view of the street, the high tables, beautiful bathroom (I wish there were a Men's and a Woman's, and that's the reason for my rating).
Wireless internet makes it easy to do a bit of work while I enjoy my Cafe Americano.

Visited July 2011