“Not disappointed at all!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Dawson Creek

You added Days Inn Dawson Creek to your Saves list
Days Inn Dawson Creek
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   640 122 Avenue, Dawson Creek, British Columbia V1G 0A4, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Dawson Creek
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Not disappointed at all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I chose this hotel partly for the price and partly because of the great reviews it had received here. In researching the hotels in Dawson Creek, there seemed to be a ton of rig type motels with decent rates but not much else; and the alternative was the two big chain hotels located on the edge of town with the ridiculous prices. Days Inn was right in the middle -- decent rates ($117) and every amenity I needed. It's a beautiful building, brand new, clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly, the breakfast was wonderful, and the location couldn't be better. I stayed for two nights and then a week later when I had to return, I stayed there again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

Pleasant atmosphere. A lot of oil workers, so some mud in parking lot and doorway. Building is new. Room was spotless. Continental breakfast in a.m. was great. Across the street from Walmart. Convienent location in town. Only downside was that they didn't have a pool for our 6 and 3 year old. They did, however, give us a pass to use at the local indoor pool w/slide to use, that is only 4 blocks away. We ran out of time to use it though.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

I've been travelling to Dawson Creek intermittently for the past 3 years on business and have stayed at my fair share of hotels. This is the first time I've stayed at the Days Inn and was pleasantly surprised -- loved the location, especially the easy parking. This is one of the newest hotels in Dawson Creek. The rooms were uber-clean and really quite spacious (as far as hotel rooms go). The front desk staff went out of their way to help me out when I had an issue connecting to the internet -- they worked with me step-by-step (and trust me, I've had staff in other hotels brush me off with "there must be something wrong with your computer" -- so this was a refreshing surprise). Breakfast is pretty standard fair, but saves time when you're in a hurry and money, of course, since it's free. I agree with a previous reviewer who mentioned that there are lots of big rigs in the parking lot, but there was still lots of space for regular cars since the lot is pretty huge. Best part about the location (for me) is that it's right across from Walmart -- a minute walk for picking up snacks, drinks and toiletries that I'd forgotten etc. Overall, a pretty great bet.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

With all the oil & gas activity in the Dawson Creek area, many new hotels have opened the last year or so; the Days Inn being one of them. The hotel is located on the southern edge of town (next to Wal-Mart) and on Highway 2. Had a good stay while there on business. The rooms are spacious, beds comfortable and a decent size bathroom. The hotel offers an evening reception and breakfast. Both were okay. The only two negatives are: parking can be a challenge in the evening as the majority of guests are oil & gas crews and their trucks and equipment take up much of the parking; the hotel decided to follow the yellow theme of Days Inn to the letter as the interior walls are painted a hedious yellow. Beyond that, everything is okay. I'm up to Dawson Creek at least once a year for business and the Days Inn will be my hotel of choice.

• Liked — Nice spacious rooms!
  • Disliked — Challenge to find parking amd the hedious yellow of the interior walls.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

I stayed at the Days Inn Dawson Creek in July 2008 for business. I had never stayed at a Days Inn, so I had no idea what to expect from the chain. I was very pleasantly surprised.

The Days Inn Dawson Creek is located a few minutes drive from the city centre roundabout, right next to the Wal-Mart. The location felt very safe and the overall atmosphere was that of people who were there for business, mixed with a few people on vacation.

The room was above and beyond what I would have expected from a budget hotel chain. I felt like I was home when I walked in. The colours were mellow, the furniture low-key and attractive, and the bed was clean and inviting. There was also a small kitchen area at the entrance that included a fridge and microwave.

The room was surprisingly spacious, with lots of room to maneuver around the bed, TV, and in the entrance way. Even the biggest suitcase would have been easy to roll around any part of this room. There was a lovely leather chair situated in the corner near the bed that was nice to relax in while watching TV.

I noticed immediately that this hotel opted not to house the TV in an armoire. Finally, someone has realized that those ubiquitous armoires are not particularly attractive and actually make a room feel small and overcrowded.

The bed was extraordinarily comfortable. The sheets, comforter, and pillows were great and the mattress was just perfect. I woke up the next morning feeling relaxed and well-rested. (The same could not be said about my colleagues who stayed at the Super 8 Dawson Creek.)

One unique feature I appreciated about this room was the 3/4 length mirror hung on the wall, in an open area. Most hotels provide a mirror attached to the working desk, right across from the bed, which means you can't back up to check your appearance properly. This hotel got it right, not only by hanging a separate mirror, but by placing it in an area where guests can actually back up and get a proper view. Once again, someone was thinking.

If I had to say something negative about the room, it would be that the bathroom was on the small side. However, I've noticed that this is becoming more and more common lately, across all hotel chains, which is disappointing. As a solo business traveller, I was only mildly inconvenienced at times. However, a family on vacation could find the lack of space restrictive.

Finally, I didn't have a chance to eat the breakfast offered or use any of the business services, as I arrived late and left very early, so I can't comment on those amenities.

Overall, I had an excellent stay and will definitely choose this hotel again when I return to Dawson Creek. Out of all the hotels I stayed at during the month of July, it was my favourite. The Days Inn hotel chain should be grateful to this hotel for representing the chain so well to new customers.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — The small bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Dawson Creek? Share your experiences!