“Greek food in a Canadian desert” 3 of 5 stars

Cache Creek, British Columbia, Canada
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 restaurants in Cache Creek
Smithers
“Greek food in a Canadian desert”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

6 of us dropped in for dinner. 3 kids and 3 adults. The kids all liked their dishes: chicken fingers, fish and chips and the fettecini Alfredo which was deemed "OK". But he's Italian. Of the adults the spamakopita was deemed excellent and worth having again. The chicken gyros was very good and would have it again. I had gyros donair and fries. Gyros was good but would do the salad next time. Would come back

• 3 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Kamloops, Canada
“I left very full, with a very happy stomach.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I work in the area quite often, but had not been to the Heartland Restaurant in years, honestly, because the last time I went, I was not impressed. My how things have changed. The atmosphere is typical roadside/hotel diner, but what made me write this review is the staff and the food. The staff are very friendly, and make you feel truly welcome to be there. And then the food.... Good grief, I was barely able to finish my burger, which was absolutely delicious. The split pea soup was very homemade and quite tasty. My coworker opted for the gyro, and I should mention that this establishment specialized in Greek food. From the ooohs and ahhhs, I can only assume it was delicious, and it certainly smelled and looked fantastic. Prices seemed a little high before we got our food, but after seeing the quality and quantity of food, I am not complaining at all. Cache Creek doesn't have a whole lot of places to sit down for dinner, but of the choices you do have, I definitely would suggest trying the Heartland Restaurant. Also, of all the places in town, they are open the latest. They also serve a tasty breakfast menu.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Place is a bit dated but the patio is nice. Had dinner there and menu has a bit of everything on it, lots of Greek food! Thought prices may have been a bit on the high side, but.......this is Cache Creek! Senior's portions very large, but must have been good 'cause my father cleaned his plate! I had chicken, got to love the greek potatoes! I'd eat here again!

Visited September 2012
Cache Creek, British Columbia, Canada
“Heartland Restraunt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My sister and I went and had Seniors Lasagna, which was great. It is a lil pricey but good. Don' have Calamari as it is frozen. Said it was fresh and I said yes, fresh frozen. I said average because it wasn't really very good.

Visited June 2012
Winfield, Canada
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Yummy is how my 2 year old described it!! Ate the kalimari dinner & tzazkiki & pita. Yum! The servers were awesome too.. Little expensive but food was so good!

• 5 of 5 stars Food