“NOT perfriendly, and not clean” 1 of 5 stars

Tumbleweed Motel
1221 Quartz Road, Cache Creek, British Columbia V0K 1H0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Cache Creek B&B and Inns
Smithers, Canada
“NOT perfriendly, and not clean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

So I phoned three hours ahead on a long raodtrip to make sure I have a pet friendly hotel for myself and my canine travel companion. As I arrive - late and tired - I notice the green strip along the side with a creek, and a huge grass square behind the motel, framed by the u-shaped buildings. I am thinking, great for walking my dog, it is dark, so when I expectantly approach the greens, I see signs along anything remotely green ' do not walk your dog here' or ' do not walk dog'. The property is enclosed by streets and a highway. Excuse me, but how does a dog deal with many hours in the car and no walk at the end of the day? The square between the buildings looks forelorn and empty, and no access through the wire fence, so - street walking at 10 pm it is. The room smelled, the bathroom floor was sticky, everything very old and the Aircondition shot. I am used to getting the less than cream of the crop rooms when I travel with dogs, and I am willing to take that, but after I specifically asked if they are pet friendly and then they do not let you walk your dog. Hmmmm. Thumbs down for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Tumbleweed Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tumbleweed Motel

Address: 1221 Quartz Road, Cache Creek, British Columbia V0K 1H0, Canada
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Cache Creek
Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #2 of 3 B&Bs / Inns in Cache Creek
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Tumbleweed Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Tumbleweed Motel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.