“Don't go if you're handicapped!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber)

You added Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber) to your Saves list
Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4830 46th Avenue, Highway #3, Taber, Alberta T1G 2A4, Canada   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Taber
Calgary, Canada
“Don't go if you're handicapped!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Here's a disaster story for you. I was going to a family funeral and was taking my disabled senior father. So we booked two rooms; one wheelchair accessible for my father and one next to it for myself. We get booked in and I notice a sign warning of a $200 fee if we smoke in the room. Sounds good; should smell good. But distinct cigar smell in my room when I get there. Oh well, I'll ignore that; I'm there to help my father.

Dad's room is cold (it's winter) so we check the heater. It clicks, puts out a puff of natural gas and nothing. Does it over and over; starts smelling of natural gas. Tell the front desk about it and go for supper. Come back a couple of hours later and they had completely ignored our problem. So we complain again. They can't help us now -- it's too late. Sorry. It was a $10 thermocoupler; I knew that much.

So they get us another room that is wheelchair accessible (they have 3 and one was already booked). That one, the card lock for the door is completely dead -- nothing. They are convinced it's my problem and send me back over and over with different cards.

Can't go anywhere else; no other rooms in Taber with 36" doorways to get the wheelchair through.

Finally they get maintenance with master keys and get the door open. But there is no way anyone could get in again in the event of an emergency without that one set of master keys. By now it's closing in on midnight with a funeral the next day. What are we going to do? So he sleeps there, locked in his room. I have to get maintenance again the next morning to let me in so I can help him get ready. Oh, and did I mention the mattress in that room was shot as well? It was terrible; hard to climb out of the hole in the middle.

So we complain; what are you going to do about this? We get a free breakfast -- isn't that nice? Many hotels give you that anyway. Oh, and that free breakfast doesn't include the orange juice. Tell them what we think, so we get $13.00 off the price of the one room.

Anyone concerned about their reputation should have bent over backwards to apologize. We didn't even so much as get that from them.

So you decide -- want to stay there?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber), responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was very distressed to see your review posted. Prior to your departure, we had spoken to review your concerns and I thought we had come to an acceptable agreement.

It is our goal to provide a comfortable and pleasant stay for all our guests and I am very sorry that you and your father were not satisfied.

In response to your comments, may I once again offer a few notes: Our Front Desk Agent that checked you in was still fairly new in her employment and I do apologize that she did not follow up on your issues immediately that evening. I have reviewed proper procedure on situations such as these with her to ensure future prompt service. I want to assure you, once again, that the problems you encountered between the 2 rooms are not commonplace. The heating was inspected and is working correctly and any traces of cigar smoke were no longer apparent. The card reader error was unfortunate and since we had no other handicapped rooms to offer, we did our best to accommodate you. I fully understand that it was not the desired solution, but at the late hour, it was the only handicap accessible room that was available. The mattress in your father’s room is a new Simmons Beautyrest pillow top mattress and box spring and upon inspection appears to be in good condition, but is likely softer than he might be used to.

I take all customer feedback seriously and attempt to address these with respect and concern. I hope that should you find yourself in Taber again, you will choose to stay with us so that we may provide you with a pleasant stay and a positive experience.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Heritage Inn during a work trip and it was horrible. The room did not have a refridgerator, or a hair dryer. The hot water takes at least 10 minutes to warm up. And the wifi signal was too weak for me to use it in my room. I had to go to the lobby to send emails.
I found an ant in my bed, not to sure if there were any more.
One night at 11 pm, the housekeepers started vacuuming the hall way. When I called the front desk to ask if they could do it during the day the noise continued down the hall for 10 minutes.

The service i got from the employees was good, but this did not make up for the horribe ammenities and dirty/old room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber), responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I do read them all and take them very seriously. We are always looking for ways to improve the service we provide.

I’m sorry your stay at our hotel wasn’t as it should have been. We do have several rooms with refrigerators and hair dryers, with more hair dryers available by request at the front desk. We recently upgraded the WiFi to improve coverage in all the rooms. I’m not sure if that was done before or after your stay, but I will be testing the WiFi coverage to make sure it’s all working correctly.
We have not had any other reports of ant problems but I will have the rooms reviewed to ensure everything is up to standard. I have also reviewed procedures with the night cleaning staff to ensure that all doors are closed off that connect to the guest room division so disturbances do not take place. My apologies that this was not dealt with properly and immediately when you had called the front desk.

I do hope you may reconsider staying with us, as I would like to show to you that our hotel standards are better than what you received. It would be my pleasure to provide you with a complimentary upgrade and ensure you have a clean and comfortable stay. Please contact me directly to book your next stay.

Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre – Taber
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

we stayed 2 days hotel was clean and quiet good location , restaurant was goodas well as prices 7.00 for bacon and eggs good plate full. Checkin and checkout were quick and staff very friendly yes I would recommend

Room Tip: we had first floor right by entrance to sauna thought it would be noisy but very quiet no pool but a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber), responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our breakfast special in Seasons Café & Eatery.

We are committed to providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and are also committed to provide quality food with consistent positive service.

I have shared your comments with the staff and they always appreciate the positive feedback.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment and we do hope to have you back as our guest in the future.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre - Taber
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night during corn fest. I called front desk to see if we can check in earlier as we were leaving Calgary at 7 am. That wasn't possible or should I say they didn't even try to accommodate us. Check in wasn’t until 4 – thought that is a bit late for a small place like Taber.
Room wasn’t as bad as some people are saying. It was equipped in fridge and microwave. No hairdryer though. I checked if it’s clean and it was. Beds are not as horrible as people are saying as well. Price was ok as we had summer special.
Front desk that’s another story. Seem like they didn’t know what time buffet breakfast was served.
Breakfast that is included in the price was limited we end up paying for the buffet with 10% off. You would think they would take the difference of free breakfast and buffet.

A costumer service at the diner was very poor, and it wasn’t that busy at first.

Game room was old and half games were not working. Hot tub is very small -two persons to be exact.

Not sure if we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber), responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest: (Ok Place)

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Heritage Inn while you were in Taber for CornFest. I appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay.

Normally, we are very accommodating when someone wants to check in early. I’m sorry we couldn’t accommodate your request as we were completely full during CornFest and we just wouldn’t have your room ready until our posted check-In time. We also do have hair dryers available in some rooms and several at the front desk that we could have provided if requested. Our hot tub was just recently replaced with a new hot tub and due to the sizing of our door ways we are only able to provide a hot tub that facilitates 4 people.

I have addressed your concern about our Free Hot Breakfast and Sunday Brunch with the front desk staff and restaurant staff. I do apologize for the lack of service provided to you. We have adopted your suggestion that the Free Hot Breakfast vouchers count for a larger portion of the Sunday Brunch.

I have addressed your concerns about the arcade. The games are provided by an outside service and your comments have allowed me the opportunity to express the importance of having these games reviewed on a regular basis.

I hope that you had a good time at CornFest and that you’ll be coming back next year. We hope that if you do, you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you here and provide you a comfortable and pleasant stay.

General Manager – Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre
Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went with a large group of people. It was recommended as the best hotel in town. Not the case.

The rooms were dirty, beds were hard, and some rooms are air conditioned.

We stayed 2 nights, the second day our room was not cleaned and we had to go to the front desk in the evening to ask for clean towels.

The restaurant was ok, nothing spectacular. Average food. Ok service.

Overall I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber), responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I was very bothered to read your comments about the lack of housekeeping services during your stay. I am investigating this with our housekeeping manager as procedures are in place that should prevent this oversight. I am truly sorry that your room was overlooked and not provided the proper cleaning or service you should have received.

Most of our guest rooms have brand new Simmons pillow-top mattresses. We are in the process of updating the rest of our mattresses to the same quality. All of our rooms do have air conditioning with some units directly in the room, and some on a centralized air conditioning system that has more limited control.

I do take your comments very seriously as we pride ourselves in providing a clean and comfortable stay for each and every guest.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again should the opportunity arise. Please call me directly, as I would like to provide you with a complimentary upgrade and ensure your next visit meets and exceeds your expectation.

General Manager – Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here for three nights to attend a wedding. The room was fine and everything was clean. The only problem with the room was I did not have control over the air conditioning. If I am paying for the room, I expect that I should have control over the heat and cooling. Here the air conditioning controls were removed and wired to the lowest setting. Other than that, the hotel is clean, the staff were friendly, the food in the restaurant is fine and there is a bar within the complex. One must remember that this is a hotel in a town of seven thousand residence and is better than what you would find in most towns of this size. Overall for a $112/night including taxes, it was fine and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber), responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am glad that you found our hotel and our services up to your satisfaction. As you mentioned, the Heritage Inn is a full service hotel and it is great that you had a chance to use some of the facilities that we offer. I will share your comments with our staff and management.
In regards to the cooling system, some of our rooms are on a central system that responds to a thermostat in the room. I rarely receive any complaints regarding the temperature or performance of this system. I will be sure to have our maintenance staff check to ensure this system is working properly and that the rooms are maintaining a comfortable temperature. We also do have several rooms with individual units, which can be fully controlled by the room guest. Be sure to contact me directly, on your next visit, and I will be happy to ensure you are placed in one of these rooms.
Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Taber.

Regards,

Tyrel McLellenad,
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The front desk staff was rude, the rooms were filthy. The beds were so uncomfortable. The best part of this hotel was the atrium and hot tub and it was only luke warm. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber), responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your most recent stay with us. I was very concerned to read about your unsatisfactory stay and I am very sorry that it was not up to our standards.

Without having much detail, I have reviewed your comments with the Front Desk and Housekeeping staff and will be providing further training to both of these departments. I truly do apologize for the poor experience that you had. We have also double checked the hot tub to ensure the temperature is pleasing to all.

I would appreciate very much an opportunity to discuss your comments with you directly so that I may address your specific concerns with the staff and provide specific training. Would you please email me your phone number at gm.taber@heritageinn.net so that I may call you directly to discuss further.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Been to Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber)? Share your experiences!