“Would not recommend” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber)

You added Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber) to your Saves list
Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber)
4830 46th Avenue, Highway #3, Taber, Alberta T1G 2A4, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Taber
Alberta
“Would not recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went with a large group of people. It was recommended as the best hotel in town. Not the case.

The rooms were dirty, beds were hard, and some rooms are air conditioned.

We stayed 2 nights, the second day our room was not cleaned and we had to go to the front desk in the evening to ask for clean towels.

The restaurant was ok, nothing spectacular. Average food. Ok service.

Overall I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber), responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I was very bothered to read your comments about the lack of housekeeping services during your stay. I am investigating this with our housekeeping manager as procedures are in place that should prevent this oversight. I am truly sorry that your room was overlooked and not provided the proper cleaning or service you should have received.

Most of our guest rooms have brand new Simmons pillow-top mattresses. We are in the process of updating the rest of our mattresses to the same quality. All of our rooms do have air conditioning with some units directly in the room, and some on a centralized air conditioning system that has more limited control.

I do take your comments very seriously as we pride ourselves in providing a clean and comfortable stay for each and every guest.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again should the opportunity arise. Please call me directly, as I would like to provide you with a complimentary upgrade and ensure your next visit meets and exceeds your expectation.

Tyrel McLelland
General Manager – Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here for three nights to attend a wedding. The room was fine and everything was clean. The only problem with the room was I did not have control over the air conditioning. If I am paying for the room, I expect that I should have control over the heat and cooling. Here the air conditioning controls were removed and wired to the lowest setting. Other than that, the hotel is clean, the staff were friendly, the food in the restaurant is fine and there is a bar within the complex. One must remember that this is a hotel in a town of seven thousand residence and is better than what you would find in most towns of this size. Overall for a $112/night including taxes, it was fine and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber), responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am glad that you found our hotel and our services up to your satisfaction. As you mentioned, the Heritage Inn is a full service hotel and it is great that you had a chance to use some of the facilities that we offer. I will share your comments with our staff and management.
In regards to the cooling system, some of our rooms are on a central system that responds to a thermostat in the room. I rarely receive any complaints regarding the temperature or performance of this system. I will be sure to have our maintenance staff check to ensure this system is working properly and that the rooms are maintaining a comfortable temperature. We also do have several rooms with individual units, which can be fully controlled by the room guest. Be sure to contact me directly, on your next visit, and I will be happy to ensure you are placed in one of these rooms.
Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Taber.

Regards,

Tyrel McLellenad,
Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The front desk staff was rude, the rooms were filthy. The beds were so uncomfortable. The best part of this hotel was the atrium and hot tub and it was only luke warm. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber), responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your most recent stay with us. I was very concerned to read about your unsatisfactory stay and I am very sorry that it was not up to our standards.

Without having much detail, I have reviewed your comments with the Front Desk and Housekeeping staff and will be providing further training to both of these departments. I truly do apologize for the poor experience that you had. We have also double checked the hot tub to ensure the temperature is pleasing to all.

I would appreciate very much an opportunity to discuss your comments with you directly so that I may address your specific concerns with the staff and provide specific training. Would you please email me your phone number at gm.taber@heritageinn.net so that I may call you directly to discuss further.

Tyrel McLelland
Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Good: This hotel is nice - rooms are clean, bedding is fresh. There is a great garden atrium with plants, trees, a fish pond and a hot tub. We visited the hotel lounge, and the service was fine.

Bad: High-speed internet did not work in the rooms; I had to sit in the corridor to check my email. Room was freezing when we entered and took several hours to warm up. Front desk service was weak (see below).

Our experience at this hotel began poorly with the front desk agent. As we walked in - before greeting us - she told us that the restaurant was closed but if we still wanted food we could go to the lounge... her tone was rude and off-putting. When I asked if she had hotel rooms, she said "oh, yea we do". She used a very condescending demeanor toward me. I am 23 years old, and she acted as though I was broke and was planning to trash the place when in fact I am well-traveled. I asked her what the rate was, and she said "do you have a Visa card?", with a tone that suggests she thought I did not. When she refused to give us the rate I had seen advertised on the website ($15 less than what she said the best she could give us was), we left and went to another nearby hotel and used their WiFi signal to book rooms at the Heritage Inn. We returned 10 minutes later, and she took about 20 minutes to process our request. First, she said that since we had made it online, it would take some time to process and she left the desk and went to a computer in the office behind presumably figuring out our booking. This she implied, of course, was our fault for booking online when we could have booked in person 10 minutes earlier but paid more. The phone rang and she handled the entire call (about 5 minutes) while we stood there waiting for what should have been a quick procedure. Finally, she told me in her condescending tone that there would be "a $200 charge for incidentals, per room, applied to my visa now and refunded in the morning". I said "you mean like in a regular hotel?!" - of course I was being sarcastic, but I was tired of being treated like a poor, no-good young person.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Conakry, Guinea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We stayed in the older wing of the hotel. Rather a run down feel however new section appeared decent. We were travelling with two dogs so didn't expect the best room in the house. Breakfast not included in rate. Overpriced for type of accomodation but what is one to expect in Oil Country

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Though I've been spoiled by new bedding programs in other hotels, this hotel was quite comfortable. The room was quite large. We had a King Suite and I think it may be my favorite layout for a hotel room. The bathroom area is actually near the entrance and not right beside the bedroom area. Though this closeness would have its moments of convenience, I enjoyed the areas separate.
It was quite room in our room, and the windows did not open as they were exposed to the convention area. It was a nicer view than if we had taken a room on the other side of the building, however. The air conditioner did work, which was a blessing.
The restaurant area is wonderful. The selection of food is very appealing and the meal we ordered was mouth-watering. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Sask
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

We stayed in what they called their King suite, The best in the hotel I was told. The room was hot Thermostat was set at 10 and the windows didn't open. Called down but nothing was done. The bed was harder then the floor and my wife ended up sleeping on the couch. finally at 5 am I couldn't take it any more and we left. Desk clerk said sorry but didn't seem concerned. I emailed the GM and was told that he agreed the bed was bad and that he would ask the "higher ups" if he could buy a new mattress for that room, he also said the hotels heating system was set wrong. He offered for me to come back "and be tortured again?"

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center (Taber)? Share your experiences!