“Exceptional service!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Portage Lane, Sherwood Park, Alberta T8H 2R7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Island of Malta, Malta
“Exceptional service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We recently visited the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Sherwood Park and our experience was overall, FANTASTIC!! Limone at the front desk was very quick to re-instate our reservation upon check in and provide a complimentary upgrade to a suite room for our family. She paid extra attention to details during our stay to ensure that all of our needs were met efficiently and enthusiastically. We found her to be very knowledgeable and friendly. The breakfast at the hotel is amazing -- cheese omelettes, turkey patties, yogurt, muffins, english crumpets, bagels, fresh fruit, etc. Guests seemed very well taken care of. The hotel is clean and very quiet. There are many restaurants within walking distance with a variety of options for lunches and dinners. Overall, we would stay there again!!

Room Tip: It's worth while to pay the extra for a room with a small fridge and microwave, even if you are...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Janice M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you Dahas13 for taking the time to complete such a wonderful review. It is a pleasure to hear that the staff are exceeding expectations and I agree, Limone is amazing at taking care of our guests.
I will definitely be posting your review in the staff room as I know it will make their week.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Janice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
eagle hill, ab
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

reasonably located for Edmonton access; friendly staff; no pool, but a decent hot tub; and one of their breakfast frittatas was quite tasty.

I often found decent parking, there was never a shortage of breakfast items, and I really enjoyed the executive suite. decent tv screens.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Janice M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Our Guests comments and reviews are important to us as they assist us in improving our service and amenities.
We are looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Sherwood Park

Saskatoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed here as they were having a points promotion. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was more than adequate. While there was a bit of driving to get to West Edmonton Mall there was easy access to the highway. There are a number of different eateries nearby and a Costco. There is no pool if that is important to you. Enjoyed our stay and would return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Lafayette, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great Breakfast! Fills you up for half the day, saves you money on food. Great graveyard shift desk clerk and really solid manager. The cleaning staff seemed to loose some beads that I'd left in my bed accidentally, (maybe lost in the laundry?) But the price was so good for the room, and the value so solid, I decided not to bug them about it. The rooms are very clean, the televisions are nice flat screens with solid access to good channels for free. The blackout curtains are pretty good at blocking out most of the 19-hour-per-day sun in late spring. The hotel hasn't done anything to help with the $100 - $200 taxi fare, round-trip, to the airport. And if you didn't rent a car, the hotel has no way to help you get to Edmonton. If you're not renting a car, and not a mass-transit fanatic like me, then you can't stay here, because both the airport and Edmonton are too far away for cabs or buses, and both are shockingly expensive in Strathcona County, (where the hotel actually is). They were not deep into the Platinum Elite Status thing and spaced out on getting me my gift points, and then also didn't give me any other Platinum Elite gift, so I felt I got stiffed, but again, didn't want to get to picky, as they gave me a room on the top floor, which I asked for, and had a room with two beds, which I really like due to all the extra pillows. The beds were really comfortable and were I not so eager to explore every inch of Edmonton, I surely could have slept twelve hours a day in them. I could not get a vibe going with the swing shift and daytime clerks, but I maybe just was not their cup of tea. The breakfast staff and the cleaning staffed were quite friendly. Oh, and in Canada and Europe, even if you spend a lot of money, you can't take the idea that you'll get a bathtub for granted, and so I was happy that this place has nice bath tubs. Furthermore, the air-conditioning and heating seemed to really work and not be cheap. (And I've run into really junk-like heating and air-conditioning systems in some very "high-end" rooms; and so their solid performance here is also not to be taken for granted.) I was there eight nights and 90% of the time it was very quiet and I never had to worry about being disrupted. Plus, the walls seemed good, because I was not hearing folks noise very often at all. If you can afford a rental car, or don't mind spending hours on the bus, or if you can handle the massive cab fees or multi-transfer, multi-hour journey from the airport, then this place is just about all you can ask for in that price range.

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms there are good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Janice M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you Mel C for taking the time to complete such an extensive review of our hotel. I am very pleased to see that we met or exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are some distance from the Edmonton International Airport but do have a negotiated fare with our preferred cab company. We should have let you know that when we realized that you had flown in to the area. Please accept my apologies for that oversight.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Sherwood Park area.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed with my family for a week. Good location. Very accessible to the highway. Hotel may not have a restaurant on site but there are 2 good restaurants next door. No pool, just a hot tub which was not working. But there is a huge recreation centre next door as well called the millenium plaza. With that, kids are happy and so was I. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Janice M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear JDH
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a wonderful review on our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the hot tub issue. We encountered mechanical problems and took a little longer than anticipated to get it repaired.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to Sherwood Park and that we were able to make you stay comfortable.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back when you return to the area.
Cold Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

My name is Samantha Lane and im a student from TRANSCOM FLEET SERVICES and im staying in this hotel . The house keeping staff is amazing so friendly! A lady named RONA cleaned my room on Feb.17th 2014 and left me a little letter telling me she took pride in cleaning my room. As many hotels as I stayed in I have never gotten anything like this in my life . RONA i want to thank you for cleaning my room and taking the time to leave me a little note.
also the lady at the front desk named Lindsay is the nicest front desk lady i have ever met.
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!! for making me feel like I was home!
DEFFENTLY be staying again , Even if im in the area i would go out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Janice M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Good Day Ms. Lane:
What a perfect way to start my week. Thank you for taking the time to complete such a positive survey. I have posted it in the staff areas as it will definitely make their day to know that what they do is noticed and appreciated.
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had to make an unexpected trip to Edmonton and hadn't made reservations anywhere to stay. After checking out another hotel nearby (on tripadvisor) we found this one just up the street. We inquired as to availability, rates etc. and were promptly checked in by the friendly and helpful desk clerk. The room was spacious and clean and we were delighted to see it contained a king-size bed. We had all the required amenities, but I was pleased to note the sign stating that had we forgotten something the hotel would ensure that we would be provided with such things as toothbrush, razor, etc. The bed was comfortable, the temperature easy to control in the room and our stay was very pleasant. In the morning, our all-inclusive continental breakfast was more than we had hoped for. There were cinnamon buns, pancakes, omelets, sausages, yogurt, toast and cereal plus more. We were very happy with the hotel. It's easy to get to, easy to find your way around, and we were made to feel at home. When we checked out the desk attendant was very friendly and interested to find out if our stay had been okay. We would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Sherwood Park? Share your experiences!